Hello from Florida

89_12valve

The Nightmare
Reaction score
Hello all... Im from Arcadia, Florida.... Im new to the diesel world... Our familys first diesel was a 1983 Chevy C20 with the Detriot 6.2... I was still in diapers then. Our family has been racing for 60+ years and I carry on the torch so I needed a truck I could haul race cars, haul my welding trailer, and haul cars to the scrap yard. I found this gem. A 1989 Dodge D Two Fiddy with 171,000 miles. It had a rebuilt injection pump with mods, a fuel pin, and muffler delete with a stack. Ive added a new radiator, alternator, fan clutch, battery, voltage regulator, LED lights, redid the interior, etc. Performance wise I added a DPS exhaust manifold and a BHAF, next upgrades will be a 4 inch downpipe to 4 inch exhaust to a 7 inch CAT Stack and some guages. I love this this truck so far and plan to keep it in the family for a long time.

Attachments

• IMG950345.jpg
    IMG950345.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG952778.jpg
    IMG952778.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG959290.jpg
    IMG959290.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 8

89_12valve

The Nightmare
Reaction score
Nice truck, make sure the killer dowel pin problem has been addressed. It ought to run forever then
Yes sir that has been addressed... Im thinking of putting a DRW rear end under it... Im half and half on the flatbed with SRW

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

That rig should serve you well with hauling and towing.

Don't be surprised when you go to the larger exhaust stack if you lose some power. Because you have to realize as I'm sure you do since you race that exhaust velocity is critical in getting the horsepower in the correct rpm range and these being lower rpm engines need to have some backpressure to generate the velocity to scavenge the exhaust gasses. I know that when I slip on a 5inch stack on my 6bta that I lost some power and could feel it, this was because of the scavenging effect.

but if you are just going for looks then it's no worries because it will achieve the look and sound - that's for sure.

89_12valve

The Nightmare
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

That rig should serve you well with hauling and towing.

Don't be surprised when you go to the larger exhaust stack if you lose some power. Because you have to realize as I'm sure you do since you race that exhaust velocity is critical in getting the horsepower in the correct rpm range and these being lower rpm engines need to have some backpressure to generate the velocity to scavenge the exhaust gasses. I know that when I slip on a 5inch stack on my 6bta that I lost some power and could feel it, this was because of the scavenging effect.

but if you are just going for looks then it's no worries because it will achieve the look and sound - that's for sure.
Yes sir love to race :) I might try to see if I can fab a 5 inch CAT stack or use a 5 inch Bullhauler... I totally forgot about the diesels being low rpm grunts... I really dont wanna lose power over looks... Im all about functionality. Id rather have a few more lb. ft. of torque than more looks.