Hello and adventures in cooling a 6.9

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
We try to be able to answer any questions that a good Ford dealership should be able to answer. But they could care less about these older trucks. Thats sad too because they are simple to diagnose and repair. We don't have to remove the cab to repair a turbo or remove a valve cover to change an injecter or glow plug. We can fix along most any roadside and be running in a few minutes. Can't do that with the new all electronic diesels. A set of injecters will cost us around $350.00 for 8. Any psd diesel will run you probably 10 times that amount plus plenty o work installing them under the valve covers.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well all that is true, but no need to paint the difficulties in repairs with the diesels as something horrible, they really arent to bad in the hands of someone that knows some tricks to make your life easier. My old ford dealer that I was at from 2004-2007 had plenty of IDI customers. The service writers and diesel techs all liked when they came in because of what you exactly said, though I am sure my dealer at this time period was a minority.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online