heater issues

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have what I think is low air flow on my heater.
I took the cover off expecting to find some restrictions, Also pulled the motor.
There is no blockage that I can see. There are pine needles in the AC but not a lot.
Also the fan outside of the box does not seem to move much air even though it is spinning at all speeds, the air seems to only come off near the motor.
the fan in my MB blows 5X the air.

What else do I look at? or is the motor just tired. Date on the motor is 1990.

Thanks
Doug

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fans on these trucks are not the greats air movers in my oppinion. But if it is real low you may want to get a new motor and blade. Have you also checked all the duct work to make sure it is not blocked anywhere?

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ANEMIC BLOWERS

Someone gave me a blower out of a GMC pick-up; it's hard to hold it in your hands, when hooked to 12-volts.

That thing blows like a cyclone.:thumbsup:

I am going to attempt to graft it in my Ford and see if that will cure my anemic blower, once and for all.
:backoff

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the "high output" heater option was all about? I've got one, but it's a real POS--or at least aging has made it that way..

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone gave me a blower out of a GMC pick-up; it's hard to hold it in your hands, when hooked to 12-volts.

That thing blows like a cyclone.:thumbsup:

I am going to attempt to graft it in my Ford and see if that will cure my anemic blower, once and for all.
:backoff

I did the same as you when I had the blower go bad on my Cadillac. Hooked the new one to a 12V battery and it put off huge amounts of air. when installed though it did not blow more air than the previous one did before it died.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the "high output" heater option was all about? I've got one, but it's a real POS--or at least aging has made it that way..
In My Crew cab it was a larger Heater Core that was the only difference between the regular and HO heater.:eek:

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I GUESS A RE-WIRE IS IN ORDER

I did the same as you when I had the blower go bad on my Cadillac. Hooked the new one to a 12V battery and it put off huge amounts of air. when installed though it did not blow more air than the previous one did before it died.

If that be the case, some experimentation with a few strategically located toggle-switches and bigger wire might just wake that thing up and let it come to life.
:dunno

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
could the heater core fins them selves be clogged up with pollen/leaf bits/dust or anyother stuff. that would help explain a different blower motor making no difference.:dunno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726