Heater/ AC Question

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
I have linkage to two vent doors that need work. One is the recirculating air door just inside of the blower motor and the other is the floor heat/ defrost door under the dash right above the hump. Ford says they've never had the dash out to work on these but I'm not sure how to access these links to replace them. I can reach the recirc. door from the outside but I don't know if it'll fit through the blower motor opening. Can you access it from behind the glove box without removing the heater core? Does the air plenum on the hump come apart with clips to access the heater/ defrost door? I have the bottom cover off that allows me to see the bottom servo. If this requires dash removal I'll wait until I replace my dash so I don't have to do that twice. Servos work fine, just the linkage is broke on at least one of them.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry :( I've never had a need to tear into the linkage on my heater/AC setup. IIRC, you have to pull the heater core to get to any of the internal venting that's behind the glove box.

I've got a few pictures of the behind-the-glovebox setup from when I pulled my heater core; I'll attach them to this message...maybe they'll be able to help you some?

Good luck with it! I wish I had more to offer...

Attachments

• dash3.jpg
    dash3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 4
  • dash5.jpg
    dash5.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 5
  • dash6.jpg
    dash6.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 3