Heads up....

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not a bad deal, but Those Transmissions are assembled from the back to front. So its not like changing a tail housing on say a t-19, All of the main and countershafts are attached to the tail housing. ZF did not make these transmissions very DIY friendly.:puke:

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read the post link..... "BIG BLOCK".... not "DIESEL".... soooooo... not only is the rear housing broken, but the front won't fit behind a diesel.... OOOOOppps!

Also, low gear is going to be low ratio on that trans since it's from a gas engine 460.

If I'm wrong on all this sorry.... just trying to read between the lines.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
Just read the post link..... "BIG BLOCK".... not "DIESEL".... soooooo... not only is the rear housing broken, but the front won't fit behind a diesel.... OOOOOppps!

Also, low gear is going to be low ratio on that trans since it's from a gas engine 460.

If I'm wrong on all this sorry.... just trying to read between the lines.

There is a way (search for typ4 mod transmission) to couple a big block trans to a diesel, so your not totally wrong on that...

However, with a busted tail housing like that, that thing isn't really even worth it as a core, only the guts MIGHT be good anymore. You're better off paying $3-600 for a useable ZF than to pay $300 for scrap metal.

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew that the bell housiung could be modified to fit a diesel, but really didn suspect that the tailhousing would be that big of a problem to change. Ah well, on top of all that, I have a fresh overbuilt e4od, so i dont even want a zf right now. thought Someone might feel it was worth 95 (75-80 after haggling?) so I posted it up. take it for what you will.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called him since I have all the parts to make it a diesel case but he said someone was on the way to get it right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online