headlight removal ,turn signal bulb

Oilslinger

Reaction score
I've got a 2000 turbo f 350, turn signal bulb blown!:dunno Well I discovered nobody makes a special tool for removing GESUS clips on headlight adjusters. I took a made in china external snapring pliers and mortified them to expand clip and slide off on the top to headlight adjusters,then on the bottom aduster I backedoff on it till the whole headlight bucket came out:yell: please do not touch any adujusters till you put tape marks on the garage door for headlight aiming purposes :thumbsup: This will allow access to headlight and turn signal, markerlight bulbs! My bulbs blew to do a mortification for strobe lights ( for plowing purposes) Seal on strober failed and all bulbs were under water!I hope to add pics with this thread to help! Hope this helps sombody out there in diesel land!;Really

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You went over kill to change the turn signal bulbs. All you have to do is remove 2 phillips screws and pop out the turn signal corner lens assembly.

The screws are accessable between the headlight and turn signal lens gap. You don't need to take out the headlight at all unless it is busted or you are removing the header panel to pull the engine..... which isn't necessary either.

Oilslinger

Reaction score
Well thats how I started doing the job ,I couldn't disengage top of turnsignal assemble, it seems the top has to very long dowel pins that wouldn't allow me to do it the way you described.Thanks for your input !:dunno :dunno

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those dowels are only about 1/4"-3/8" long and are shaped and actually gripped by the holders with a little spring pressure.

Just takes a little force to pull them, they shouldn't just fall out when you take out the 2 screws.

Oilslinger

Reaction score
Okay! When I check the passengers side for leaks around the strobe I will try to do it without removing the headlight. Thanks for taking the time to answer:thumbsup:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're welcome.

First time I pulled one I was scratching my head tring to figure out what was holding it in after I took out the screws. After you figure it out it's pretty easy.

Oilslinger

Reaction score
snap ring pliers

These pliers might help!;Really
KD Tools 3150 - Snap Ring Pliers Covertable Internal/External
Snap Ring Pliers Small Convertible Internal And External Snap Ring Pliers
Use pliers on small internal or external snap rings where space is limited. Unique push-button feature allows for effortless change. Pliers fit internal ring size 1/4 through 1" (6.4 through 25.4rnm) and external ring sizes 1/8 through 1" (3.2 through 25.4mm). Pliers include 5 pairs of color-coded tips in sizes 0.023 straight, 0.036 and 0.047 straight and 90 degrees. Cushion-grip handles provide comfort while broached jaws provide tip control and stability.
Replacement part: 3150-77 Point Kit (includes 2 each of 5 different sizes: 0.023 straight, and 0.036 and 0.047 straight and 90')
Spend $500, Get Free UPS Shipping.

Availability: Usually ships the next business day.

Product Id: KDT3150

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828