Headlight Relay Modification

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I want to make my headlights modification but couldn't find the writeup in the forum anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction... Thanks

gandalf

Reaction score
I could have sworn that I had that article, complete with schematic, on my hard drive. Do you think I can find it? Not a chance.

I'll paste in here a posting from TDS member deanj 0n 1/5/2006.

Their are 2 mods that you can do, one is for the headlites and the other for the running lites. Easiest for the headlites is to buy the "kit" from summit racing equip. It is just a plug, and is about the same $ as buying all the parts. The running lites use a 12volt spdt 30a relay. Tap into the power wire of the switch - connect to #30 on relay. Cut the running lite wire, switch side to #86 on relay the other side of the wire goes to #87. Ground #85. (you can find the relay and connectors at you auto parts store ask for a fog lite relay switch kit about $8.00) hope this helps

I'll keep looking for that article.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We only have the running light relay mod. The headlight mod is so well documented elsewhere we have not duplicated it here.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary pm me I have a spare setup for cost.

gandalf

Reaction score
Found my copy of the schematic. Its in jpg format. Let me know if you'd like a copy. Its too late to put it online so I can get it in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online