headlight connectors

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
ok I know I read somewhere on here that we could use a headlight connector for a big truck that would have 12 awg wire coming off of it but does anyone know the make and model of the "big truck" to ask for or even a part number. My local napa just gives me blank stares when I went in to search for this connector.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find it at first, either...don't know why, but using OB's search didn't bring up that thread. I finally did a Google search for "ceramic headlight socket Ford truck 12 awg" and that thread was the 5th result...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya this is exactly what I need...got some 80/100 watt 9007's for my truck, going to relay them but want to run 12Gua wire to them and converting from 9004 stock harnes to the 9007 would be easier with the plug n play method...rather than to cut the harness.

With pigtails I can custom make the whole setup, pulling signals from both the LH and RH high and low beams to relays, then to the headlights and to some fog/driving and spot lights too...so they only work on Low for fogs and hi for spots...ya ya that's the ticket!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds great, Al!! ;Sweet Please report after you do this and have had a chance to run 'em a while...my biggest question is, what's the highest wattage bulbs the housings can stand before they start melting?

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Aiming will be very important. 55Watt low beam is max allowable as per DOT regs.

I'm running 55/100's w/12 ga wire/relays and it's crazy bright. Is almost unbearable when I come up on large road signs with the 100's lit up.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aiming will be very important. 55Watt low beam is max allowable as per DOT regs.

I'm running 55/100's w/12 ga wire/relays and it's crazy bright. Is almost unbearable when I come up on large road signs with the 100's lit up.

I have run 80/100 and 100/130's in H4 on my old truck and cars and they are shaaweeeeet when aimed correctly....I have had no issues with them when wired correctly but those where in GLASS lenses.

The 100/130's kinda made the plastic gooey in my lil 95 Ford Aspire....or ASSFIRE as I called it. Though running across Canada I needed to see.;Sweet so I run them and then some!

At this point, I am uncertain what the ability of the plastic housing is in handling the 80/100's but I'll be watching carefully.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That is a beautiful thing :D I'm of the opinion that you can't have too much light...but, you're also correct that aiming is critically important. No sense having all the light pointed straight down and giving you daylight for 10 feet and blackness beyond that, and you also want to avoid blinding oncoming traffic...it's potentially dangerous for you if an oncoming car gets blinded and loses control, not to mention the courtesy factor.

Don't even get me started on the HID kits :backoff

I'm VERY curious to see what Al comes up with...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the 9007 bulbs would not fit the housings we have and although the wiring pin is the same the wires are swapped

9007 and 9004 harnesses, physically interchange, they DO NOT electrically interchange....from what I am running into at this pointcookoo seeing as I am using an OBS clip on my Brick nose 90 Bronco, that's one of the small issues that's cropped up. For now, I'll be re-wiring the 90 harness and adapting it into the OBS lights.

I've got a guy on the coast...Vancouver area, that lives about 1hr drive from me and comes home on weekends, he's going to search for fancy schmancy ceramic plugs male and females for me so I can wire up my relay mods...

Keep it simple to get going/testing then hack/mod it for gooder!

I'll be posting some pics of what's going on shortly,

Just had a stroke:eek: two weeks ago and cannot work physically as much as before, less capable on the right hand, so it's back at the Bronco instead of packing apple boxes onto pallets:puke: Doc just pulled me off work as I returned 3 days ago...cannot do it no more, not yet.

So pics on wiring and what's planned shortly!:thumbsup:

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score

Where did you get the 55/100's? And do they make them in 9004's or just 9007's?
Eventually I will be putting a 94 clip on my 91 but in the mean time I wouldn't mind having more light.
I'd like the 80/100's but I'm afraid even aimed correctly I would get ticketed for them. Although I have seen a lot of people around here running oddball lights, I would be the one guy that get's picked out of the crowd!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
To many numbers flying around for me LOL

I have LMC Euro headlights, what 900x number connector does it use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online