Headlight bulb changing?

jvencius

Reaction score
Is there anything I should keep in mind when changing headlight lightbulbs ( '02 F-350 ), since I had one go out tonight. I bought a 2-pack of Silverstar bulbs and it looks like, at a minimum, I'll have to pull the driver's side battery (probably the passenger's side as well) to get to the back of the headlight, but is there anything else I should take care of while I'm at it?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Careful not to leave fingerprints on the bulb glass, the oil from your finger tips can cause premature bulb failure.

jvencius

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Careful not to leave fingerprints on the bulb glass, the oil from your finger tips can cause premature bulb failure.

Thanks--I'll be careful but I'll wear a pair of surgical gloves, just in case...

gsgIDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I use a clean paper towel or tissue when changing bulbs to not transfer the oil from your fingers to the bulb, they can fail because of the oil from your fingertips. gsgIDI

ksdrifter26

Reaction score
yeah, your going to need to remove the battery and the battery box if its still installed, i just did mine and theres several bolts you'll need to remove to get it out, also, if you need to ever change your turn signal bulbs on the front end, you do not remove them from inside the engine compartment like the head light bulbs, you'll need to remove 2 philips head screws from the front of the light houseing on the bottom just inside the top of the bumper, might need a flash light to see them, then its just a matter of popping out the light houseing, it can be a tight fit.