headlamp switch knob

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I installed a new knob today, I had to cut th old pin off to pull th dash away then remove the nuts holding the switch and push the pin on the switch to remove the remaining shaft. How do I get to pull the knob with out sacrificing it next time I have to pull the dash? Looks very tight.

Thanks.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
The clip on the knob? I tried pushing it with s flat screw driver and it didn't move, since the knob was new I didn't want to venture further and break it.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
There is a little slit or slot on the inner part of the knob that a thin flat bladed screw driver will fit into. Push it toward the outer part of the knob (towards the seat or rear of the vehicle) and pull on the knob gently and it'll come off. Look on your old knob and you'll see the slit to push the angled part of the clip back. Its a friction design.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
There is a little slit or slot on the inner part of the knob that a thin flat bladed screw driver will fit into. Push it toward the outer part of the knob (towards the seat or rear of the vehicle) and pull on the knob gently and it'll come off. Look on your old knob and you'll see the slit to push the angled part of the clip back. Its a friction design.

I saw it when I installed it and pushed on it with the flat screw driver, I was afraid to break it and didn't push any further but it is good to know that it Can come off next time.

Thank You.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online

No members online now.