Hazard does only activate front blinkers?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure it applies, but my '86 F250 only had one light working on the hazards and all turn signals worked fine. I cleaned the switch in the steering column with some electrical contact cleaner and a paperclip and got all the lights working. I assume after several decades with little use those contacts had oxidized enough to not make contact.
That's true. Sometimes you can take the hazard switch and work it up and down rather violently about 10 times and they will start working also.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could that provoke a fuse to blew repeatedly?
If it did anything, it would cause the fuse to blow as you are exercising the switch. But I have never had that happen. Constant fuse blowing is something else causing it. It takes a while for the hazard flasher to warm up and start flashing the lights, so the lights may never even come on when rapidly moving the switch up and down.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am wondering, I have a fuse burning every time I have my warning on and hit the brakes. Today I've followed the leads with a test light, and I think the culprit might be the earth connection from the RH rear light unit. it's just a bit rusty bolt into the frame. could such a thing causing a short?
(It was already too dark, if not It was already repaired)

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a blown bulb cause a short in my tail light circuit. Took me a week to find it by pulling each bulb until the short disappeared.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*I did some "research" today, and found the following:
All bulbs are correct.
I new that the RH rear lightunit had a bad ground.
So when I had all the rear lightunits open (disassembled) and had marker lights on (small bulbs front and rear) the RH Rear blinker wire touched the groundplate and so started the RHrear marker light to burn (with no official ground connection attached).

*you must know that in regular use sometimes the RH blinker started to blink faster and slower, like a intermittent fault in that circuit? (all bulbs are OK)

*with the ignition circuit off, all wires connected correct (the RH rear Ground correct also) and pulling the warning switch, all four the blinkers should blink, but not so the RHRear.

* When the Ignition is on, there are periodes that the RHRear blinker light does not blink at all, a sort of intermittent period in intermittent etc.etc. :) (I hope you still following me, since I find this complicated to explain)

* I think there is some gremlin in the RH blinker circuit.
has any of you any Idea what that could be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online