Has anyone got a remain trans from Best Buy Trans

faaiish

Reaction score
The front pump seal went in my E40D. Since the transmission is the original and has never been opened except for a filter and fluid change I figure I should just replace it with a remain unit. I found remain units for a decent price at Best Buy Transmissions and they have a 5 year warranty. I will be putting the unit in myself and they still warranty the unit but not the labor which seems fair. I just haven't heard of them before, I was wondering if anyone has used their products and how they hold up and the quality of their remain. I don't want to go with Jasper (I have heard horror stories) and I don't want to go with an Auto zone remain. By the way, I tow a 10,000 lb. camping trailer/toy hauler, there set up is supposed to be with a heavy duty torque converter and towing upgrades for around $1800. Any thoughts?

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did a fast look for you under the heading of, "Best Buy Transmissions problems".
That just informed me that I will be doing my own rebuild shortly when I do my 2/4WD conversion on my early '94 F350. The wife won't let me start on it before Sept and has plans to use it next week. MAYBE. if I get the electrical wire gremlins out of it.

faaiish

Reaction score
I take it you think what I did with the reviews they look pretty good. I know this is for a different thread I am thinking of doing the same conversion do you know if it changes the ride alot

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figure out exactly what updates they do to the trans and what torque converter they include. You cant go wrong with a ford reman trans that will have all the 96+ updates done already, then buy a triple disk torque converter for it to replace the failure prone stamped steel units.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Figure out exactly what updates they do to the trans and what torque converter they include. You cant go wrong with a ford reman trans that will have all the 96+ updates done already, then buy a triple disk torque converter for it to replace the failure prone stamped steel units.
I agree. it will cost more, but you'll have a GOOD E4OD when you're done.

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The conversion is currently setting me back, $1500 for the solid front axle with springs and spring mounts.
$175 for the transfer case with the PTO option, rear drive-line is $150. The trans is $650 and comes in another 4X4 truck with a damaged front end. Once the tran is pulled out of the other truck, it will get a rebuild and that should set me back "X" amount. That "X" could be anything from 700 to 1200 bucks.
The front axle might also need an overhaul and that is a few more bucks. I figure if I can get out of this project for around 3 grand, when done, I will be happy enough. The cost of the parts truck could be made up selling parts.
The parts truck also has a busted front axle (?) hit a curb??

faaiish

Reaction score
Update, I bit the bullet and got one from BestBuy transmission. I haven't installed it yet but I can say so far there customer service has been spot on. I hope to have it installed in the next couple of weeks. I decided to pull the motor and replace all gaskets and seals update all the A/C components and install a banks turbo. Hope it all gives me the results I hope for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online