Harry hit a gusher...Passenger side oil leak 7.3 IDI turbo.

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Took the kids for a cruise in "Harry" our 93 f250. There was a couple tiny drips of oil on the front engine oil pan when we left. On the way back we stopped at the library and there was a gusher... down to the ground flowed a bubblin crude, black gold, texas tea that is. Passenger side of the block front and high. No leaks on the turbo that I could see nothing in the valley pan. I had the crank case vent tube off the air filter at the time. The good news is I now have NO FUEL LEAKS:rotflmao and the truck runs great. We did 65 and it was quiet(for a diesel) and smooth on the highway and a bunch of power:D blueish smoke on hard acceleration but very light. No oil in coolant or visa versa and no bubbles in the radiator. Is there an oil line in that area? It seems to heavy and too sudden for a head gasket but I have never owned one of these trucks befor. As a lifelong dyslexic I immediately suspected the oil cooler which is of course on the Drivers side. ;Really No leaks there! I did a bunch of web and site searching but not much in the way of ideas. Anyone have a guess.

Oh and we were parked next to the snootyest black stretchy pants wearing yuppie in a prius you ever saw...I was laughing with the kids at all the oil drops marking our entrance and how we would be able to follow it home and she snorted audibly and scowled.

Last edited:

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Oh and we were parked next to the snootyest black stretchy pants wearing yuppie in a prius you ever saw...I was laughing with the kids at all the oil drops marking our entrance and how we would be able to follow it home and she snorted audibly and scowled.[/QUOTE]

Ok what did you prove there? That your truck is a POS and you think it's cool?

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
AAAAHAAAA! I just put a block off plate on the truck a couple weeks ago, wonder if I messed up on the install. Its dark I'll check in the am.

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Oh and we were parked next to the snootyest black stretchy pants wearing yuppie in a prius you ever saw...I was laughing with the kids at all the oil drops marking our entrance and how we would be able to follow it home and she snorted audibly and scowled.

Ok what did I prove there? Umm not really out to prove anything dude, I was making light of the situation, There was no leak when I left and I parked next to a...ah forget it. AND MY TRUCK IS NOT A POS. Thems fightin words.-Flame Thr:shoot:

Hans13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I laugh at the snooty folks in their cars. I actually pushed about eight or nine of them out of the parking lot of my apartment when the snow hit. Too bad I have four wheel drive!

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've posted this before and I can't take credit for thinking of it:

A Prius is powered by three things: 1.) a small gasoline engine, 2.) a large electric motor and 3.) the "smugness" of its owners.LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Seeing you just installed a block off plate I'm betting that's the oil leak. At the top of the machined area of the block is a small step that can be an issue with a good seal. Some of the big block chevy block off plates are a little too tall so they hang up on this machined lip. They really make for a leak too.

stealth13777

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I actually found this funny. But mainly because the idea that a Prius helps the environment is ludicrous. These people really are that dumb. I could give reasons (such as the Nimh batteries, to start with), but that's too off topic. What it does do is get good fuel mileage.

Block off plate is probably your culprit, as others have said. Wouldn't that be an easy fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Thanks for the insite ICFA Yep It sure would be nice if thats the problem but ??? The way it went from 0 to a mess in 5miles makes me think it probably is. I will know in about an hour. I love how smug people are about their shiny new hybrids and how low of a carbon footprint they have. I always ask "how much carbon footprint do you think it took to make that car. The looks are always funny. Reduce, REUSE, RECYCLE we at least got those last two down around here. Some members might need to reduce the fleet size a bit, me included;Really

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I reduce diesel consumption by recycling oil as fuel in my (re)used trucks... I've never felt like such a hippie...

A good cleaning of the area and observation at idle should help you pinpoint the leak.

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
I reduce diesel consumption by recycling oil as fuel in my (re)used trucks... I've never felt like such a hippie..
Right? you aggies are all such tree huggers. :rotflmao It is the block off plate, I am going to clean and reinstall after I take my kids to the park.

marmot

On the bench
Reaction score
Well I used the original bolts and they were too long:idiot: I am heading to ace right now. You could rattle the plate just a tiny bit with the bolts tight plenty to leak some serious oil. Thanks guys