Had an offer on my truck, thinking about selling

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
I have had my NA CC F-350 hit 100 mph before, but that was down a slight hill and riding on the rev limiter in 5th

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Ok, this guy is really bugging me for this truck again. I had to pull the batteries and starter out of this truck so I need to put some money into it to get it running, plus its not starting, I think the lift pump took a crap. To be completel honest if the 383 is in decent condition the motor in that car alone is probably worth as much as my truck is. Dont get me wrong my truck is worth more to me in parts than I could sell it for but it was too good of a truck to just part it out. Id rather someone that enjoys IDI's gets it and run it till the sun dont shine no more. lol I really don't need 2 trucks though so I'm really serious about getting rid of it now.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I would go for the maverick and some cash. The 383 is nice but 1) its a car (with the non existant back seat no less) and 2) its gas, I hate gas. The only gas thing I have is the chainsaw and it needs oil mixed in the gas to run so I let it be (that and I havent "yet" figured out how to make a diesel chainsaw, lawnmower, and weed eater)

punk

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I would go for the maverick and some cash. The 383 is nice but 1) its a car (with the non existant back seat no less) and 2) its gas, I hate gas. The only gas thing I have is the chainsaw and it needs oil mixed in the gas to run so I let it be (that and I havent "yet" figured out how to make a diesel chainsaw, lawnmower, and weed eater)

punk
Im just like you i hate gas things

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Personally, I'd go for the Maverick(I own two right now). They have a bout the same type of following as the IDI's. I belong to www.maverick.to A good group of guys. What year? what engine? What color?

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine hits the governor at exactly 70 in third. It would probably run close to 100 mph in high gear, I wouldn't wanna be in it though.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Mine hits the governor at exactly 70 in third. It would probably run close to 100 mph in high gear, I wouldn't wanna be in it though.

that means your revlimit is over 3300, probly 3600-3800ish, mine will do a little over 50 in second see if you can guess my revs:sly

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Whats the Maveric got in it?;Really I'm all diesel now but the 390FE Ford engine has my respect. Maveric+390=good time.:sly I can hit 3000rpm in 5th gear in the Logger. Triple digit speeds?cookoo I'm too tired to do the math right now. Put a new radiator in my c-70 early yesterday morning and have been plowing snow or at least on standby to do so till this evening. Nice 55 to 85 video.:thumbsup:

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See...deep down my truck sucks LOL

at least it' better than some of ours. my gauges work kinda. one day it'll say i have half a tank, i won't start it at all, and next day it says i have less than a 1/4tank. which makes me flip out cuz i can't afford to be leaking diesel. but the truck is just screwing with me:backoff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online