Gremlin in the electric door locks

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
We left Saturday morning, to do some camping over the New Year's weekend. Kitty's birthday is today, so I was able to get her out camping for her birthday. When we left, all four door locks on the dually were working fine. When we got to the campground, I hit the unlock button to let the dogs out of the back seat and the passenger side rear was still locked. I hit the button on the remote and learned that the only electric lock still working was the passenger side front.

To make things even worse, I cannot even unlock the passenger rear by hand. Both driver's side doors can be locked/unlocked by hand.

Any ideas?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put your ear on the door panels and hit the lock button.see if you can hear the lock motors make a noise.if no noise you may have broken wires in the door to body harnesses.the one you cant unlock by hand most likely needs a lock motor.but I have seen the thin rubber sheeting that keeps water and dirt out of the motor get sucked into the rod and jam the motor

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
when I had gotten the truck, none of them worked,
I pulled them all and did the tin fiol fix to them, lubed all the linkages etc
that had them woorking all tip top.
It is possible they done give up the ghost
why the rear will not work at all doesnt make sense, but the amount of linkage there someting may be binding.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
when I had gotten the truck, none of them worked,
I pulled them all and did the tin fiol fix to them, lubed all the linkages etc
that had them woorking all tip top.
It is possible they done give up the ghost
why the rear will not work at all doesnt make sense, but the amount of linkage there someting may be binding.

Thanks Nick..

It just seems weird, how three of them would stop working all at once. The one that won't unlock kinda has me stumped. I'm not sure how to go about even getting the door open at all.

BTW: It has 312,000 on it now.. When is the coolant filter due and can I use a pre-charged w/DCA filter from NAPA?

John Deere

Reaction score
About three years ago, the '02 had all 4 locks quit at the same time, they still make noise like they are trying, I just don't think they are getting enough power. But I can still operate them manually so I have'nt worried much about it.

leojr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the "tin foil" fix?

By the way, a new power door lock for the rear doors is about $300 from Ford. Seems they are specific to the rear doors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online