Got Another One... Couldn't Resist...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope this is a good one for you Gary. I really want one of these, but I'm once bitten....... twice shy about them. The new in the box, but ***** SnapOn MT1480 was a huge disappointment for me.

Heath

m67tang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this is a good one for you Gary. I really want one of these, but I'm once bitten....... twice shy about them. The new in the box, but ***** SnapOn MT1480 was a huge disappointment for me.

Heath

I did find one that seems to work the 2nd time around. I think it would work better using the lumy probe instead of the injector line pulse sensor.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score

Heath

I thought all snap on products had a no questions asked return policy, like craftsman wrenches and what not... I know I've sent some abused items back to the snap on truck and the guy didn't even hesitate to give me new ones, just my .02

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The no hassle return policy didn't concern our meters we bought about 2 years ago. True... They were factory new in the box meters but... They were no longer serviced nor does snapon sell those meters any longer. I searched the us for a shop to attempt a repair on mine. I actually found the snapon shop that repaired all the 1480 meters. The guy couldn't repair mine. He told me it works fine using a timing lite but the 7.3 black box was not working. Funny how something new in several factory sealed aluminum and plastic box was bad from the get go. Mine even had a warranty gold card in the little see thru packet... Mostly its a time capsul from the past. I think I have three of the snapon 1480 meters...:angel:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought all snap on products had a no questions asked return policy, like craftsman wrenches and what not... I know I've sent some abused items back to the snap on truck and the guy didn't even hesitate to give me new ones, just my .02

I returned mine to the eBay seller. He was cool about it and didn't fuss at all.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
All the kent moore meters I have can be used to time with the lumi probe. Kent moore still sells the lumi probe but.. Its about $300.00 for the probe...:eek: The magnetic crank pickup is around $275.00 so you guys see why I pay what I do for these new meters. Just an updated J33300-A meter is around $650.00 on sale from $850.00. Thats without the clamp on probes, $75.00, the magnetic probe or the lumi probe. Can't pass up a deal like what I get these for. When they get rented out whom ever rents them will need to know they are responcible for any damages to the systems. Otherwise this rental wont work. Many members on this forum have told me I'm making a mistake sticking my neck out with these meters. My thoughts are this. Accidents happen. A person needs to step up when that happens and pay for the damages. Its simple and honest. I think if someone did me a wrong then they would not be welcomed around here any longer. I had discussed shipping to the first person on the list. Then directing that person to forward it to the next person on the list. Issues with that are the members down the line telling me the meter has been damaged is going to be tuff sorting out. I'm a trusting person but how do I know who actually damaged the meter. The guy you got it from or did you do it trying to pass it off on someone else. I'm willing to trust members because we are a family. I loan you my truck and you break it... You fix it. Same with the meters. I know some of you will say "in god we trust, all others pay cash"...:eek::angel: I'm not like that. Finding a not so trustworthy member would be outed on this forum but done in a nice way. No need to be personal... Its business and trust before its personal.... I'm trying to do the best I can for the members of this forum. Making friends or in the worst case an enemy is not my objective... Just fair honest dealings with fellow forum members.....:D

Last edited:

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know when you start renting them out, I've got a new ip waiting-local shop said almost 300$.... I'll buy my own before paying a shop that

Thanks for offering this up, hope nobody ruins it

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Let me know when you start renting them out, I've got a new ip waiting-local shop said almost 300$.... I'll buy my own before paying a shop that

Thanks for offering this up, hope nobody ruins it

Wow... Thats highway robbery right there... But maybe I should really think about raising my rental fees....:eek: Nope... Don't plan on doing that....:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online