Got A Question on a PSD!

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Hey All,

I've got a neighbor that bought a '97 F350 SRW CC PSD E4OD 4x4 LB a few months back. The truck is from Texas and he can't seem to find a block heater or of course the plug for it! Do all PSD's come from the factory with a block heater or is it possible that his doesn't have one? It's getting cold around here and he's a thinkin' that it sure would be nice to find that plug!
I suppose that I should have put this in the 7.3PSD forum but, I was sure that some of ya's down here in the basemant could help a guy out!

Thanks, Hoss.... ;Sweet

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
I believe they started as an option until 2000, then became standard, then they became an option again in 2005

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I thought it was an option in 97 but don't know for sure but if it has it the heater is located just above the oil filter it screws in to the oil cooler then you can follow the cord a lot of times its wrapped up by the radiator core support

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoss, just wanted to make sure you got the full exposure, so I moved it with a redirect.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
PSD block heater ...scroll down

F4TZ-6A051A PSD DI Turbo block heater $37.76
F4TZ-6B018B PSD DI Turbo Cord Assy. $55.36
PSM/3500043 Complete Zero Start block heater kit $33.27

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My sources say the block heater was standard on the 94-96 PSD and an option in 97. With that said...... tell your buddy to crawl under the truck and look for the block heater, I've heard of more guys finding the cord all nice and tucked in behind the radiator having never been used (especially if it was a warm climate truck). Hope that helps. If he doesnt have a block heater its pretty easy to add and can be done for between 50 and 100 clams.

BJS

Reaction score
they were options in 97 but it was a delete option so most trucks got the heater just w/ the cord not easily accessable.

stroked 350

Reaction score
cord is probably wrapped up right above left frame rail by rad. support

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
Heater FOUND!

Hey Guys!

Thanks for all of the help! I sure do appreciate it! And so did my neighbor! Put his truck up on the lift the other nite and sure enough - there it was in the oil cooler and chased the cord up the frame rail! There it was again! All balled up underneath the battery on the drivers side where it definitely couldn't have been found unless you were in that specific area looking for it or something else! Thanks Again Guys for all of the help!

Hoss 6.9.... ;Sweet

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for him................ see, wearent all that bad up here in the dark forums are we.... :rotflmao

nmu1974

Reaction score
It was darn hard to find on mine, even when my mechanic knew where to look - along the drivers side of the radiator. Real tough place to get to too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online