good Trailer Tires for my 33ft. Fifthwheel

Popspuller6.9

Reaction score
Bias or Radial 235/80 r16 10 ply. The ones that came with the trailer suck. all ready blew one side wall out. Your thoughts

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with radials. The rolling resistance is alot lower. My dad has a set of maxxis on his argosy and he has gotten lots of service out of them.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Whatever you buy make sure its not Goodyear Marathon ST(special trailer) Radials. They throw tread and are terrible. I have used them for years but around 7 years ago they started having tread problems... Thought they fixed it but nope.. They will never get another dime from me... I even had 4 tires replaced under warranty by them... Still the replacement tires threw tread. They were the oem tires on my 5th wheel and those tires wore the tread off them.... Never did have a tread throw on those 4 tires. I now run Charsliel and they are great...Not sure if I spelled that right...:dunno

pullinu

pullinu
Reaction score
Take his advice, stay away from goodyear, Bought my 48ft tri-axle car hauler new in 06 and the tires were shot at the end of the first summer, replaced them with Dunlap Geolanders, 235 85 16s and they are still at 40 percent almost 4 years later, I have no complaints with the geolanders or the Firestone transforce HT.

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the RV forums the Maxxis have an outstanding following. I put them on my 5r last year.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
Bias or Radial 235/80 r16 10 ply. The ones that came with the trailer suck. all ready blew one side wall out. Your thoughts

Hey old man you are right about the tires that came with that trailer sucking... Dad needed drive tires on the dodge and robbed them off their 5th and they lasted less than 20k so I bought him some new ones because I'm a good kid like that don't you agree? LOL

We're swapping up to 17's on the 40' so I can get the cheap take off's from all the new trucks that come into the tire shops. Nothing like dropping under $200 for a set of E rated tires with almost full tread. :D

You need to work on that kid of yours, if he'll hurry up and make up his mind on the 92 I'll help in the disposal of it.... :sly

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I never did have blow outs with my Goodyear Marathons but I was getting them replaced under warranty everytime I returned around because the tread was starting to bulge or the sidewall would get a line across it where a belt broke. I was getting them replaced about 2 tires a season for first like three years they were on there. I kept them aired up and didn't try to run over curbs or rocks or the like - just normal highway travels and still had problems. On my boat trailers over the years I had always ran Carlisle and had good luck with them - only thing was since they sat outside in the sun uncovered all the time I would replace them every 2 years because of sun damage. with the rv tires I used an old awning and made tire covers and kept them shielded from the sun - they lasted longer but once I switched over to the Goodyears it didn't matter... They weren't on there long enough to worry about sun damage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.