Glow plug problem

fireman624

Reaction score
My 6.9L seems to keep melting the end off of the glow plug inthe #7 cylinder(right side rear cyl).Any ideas on why this one cylinder keeps melting plugs? Tryed some Autolites,and Champions I had laying around here.(New Motorcrafts will be in hand tomorow A.M.) But I really don't want to install one in the #7 if it's gona melt.Changed out the injector on #7 today don't know if it'll help or not.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
fireman624 said:
My 6.9L seems to keep melting the end off of the glow plug inthe #7 cylinder(right side rear cyl).Any ideas on why this one cylinder keeps melting plugs? Tryed some Autolites,and Champions I had laying around here.(New Motorcrafts will be in hand tomorow A.M.) But I really don't want to install one in the #7 if it's gona melt.Changed out the injector on #7 today don't know if it'll help or not.

The answer could be right there, because you are using the wrong type/quality glow plugs. Beru/motorcraft are best and should not melt. Beru you can get them at $8-$10 a piece at autozone or online (evilbay) as I did.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Tryed some Autolites,and Champions I had laying around here.

Bingo!!! Like EZ said put the Berus in and toss the Autolites as far as you can. Or the next time you'll be pulling the heads off to get the melted/burnt off tip out of the piston.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online