GEM modules

BKahler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being a new owner of a 2000 F250 I've been sorting out what options the truck came with and which ones I wish it had.

The truck came with power door locks and power windows and manual mirrors. The additional options I wish it had are keyless entry and power mirrors. As near as I can tell my truck probably doesn't have the right GEM module to control power windows even if I installed some.

If I understand things correctly in order to get power windows and keyless entry I will need to add the following to my truck:

1) GEM module F81Z14B205EE - WITH OR W/O ESOF, WITH POWER GROUP, WITH KEYLESS
2) Power window assemblies
3) Power window control buttons for the doors
4) Key fobs

Once all that is installed it looks like I would have to program the key fobs by using the ignition key on/off 3 times routine.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks!

Brad

sassyrel

Reaction score
Being a new owner of a 2000 F250 I've been sorting out what options the truck came with and which ones I wish it had.

The truck came with power door locks and power windows and manual mirrors. The additional options I wish it had are keyless entry and power mirrors. As near as I can tell my truck probably doesn't have the right GEM module to control power windows even if I installed some.

If I understand things correctly in order to get power windows and keyless entry I will need to add the following to my truck:

1) GEM module F81Z14B205EE - WITH OR W/O ESOF, WITH POWER GROUP, WITH KEYLESS
2) Power window assemblies
3) Power window control buttons for the doors
4) Key fobs

Once all that is installed it looks like I would have to program the key fobs by using the ignition key on/off 3 times routine.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks!

Brad

hope that the dash wiring is there for it!!!!! i ran onto a truck,,that i used for parts,,on the 96 fire burn i rebuilt..i looked under the dash!!! keyless entry!!! needless to say,,that dash came out quick!! in the 96,,all the dash wiring is diff,,and so is the wire that hangs in the loom in front of the dash,,,and so is the wiring harness to the door,,and the door locks!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance