Gear Vendor wiring diagram

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be easy to make a lockout setup using a couple relays and the factory 4wd light. I'll go through my wiring schematics and post up later tonight.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
To make a 4x4 lockout if you when not running to gv electronics would be easy
30 would be the hot wire before your on off switch for the unit
87a would be the going to your on off switch for the unit
86 would be the ground wire tapped into the 4x4 light
85 would be just jumped to 30 terminal

So you have hot power coming in and will pass right through the relay to your on off switch then to the unit. When 4x4 is on relay cuts hot wire to unit

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looked and the signal from the 4wd indicator is a switched ground so you would tee into that wire and use it as your ground signal to energize the relay which would switch power away from 87a. With the truck in 2WD 87a would be powered and able to supply voltage to power the GV.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
that is correct. and 86 and 85 or "small side of the relay" can be switched. its a coil of wire.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
except if your dealing with good relays which are diode suppressed or have a resistor in them. You'll blow the relay at best or cause a fire at worst doing that with one of them. I deal with them every day on the tour buses.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cheap ones aren't bad just don't have some of the stuff to protect computers and multiplex systems. Had a bus come in from one of the companies where their mechanic used a cheap relay to get the coach up on the road. It fried about 20 grand in vansco multiplexing modules. That job sucked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726