Gear Vendor wiring diagram

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey yall need some help wiring my gv up, does anyone have a daigram i could go by? id apreciate the help thank yall

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
i called GV and i must of got a smuck..she wouldnt give me one..but i have heard that if you call GV they will mail you anything you need as far as paperwork goes..i am still looking for a manual or some diagram as well. I need to find out what pin the 4x4 lockout connector needs to be in.

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah thats my problem mine doesnt even seem like its working, whats there number? if u dont mind

D.A.V_Oil_Brnr

M88 Junky
Reaction score
GV Woes

I will look in my truck tomorrow and see where the wiring leads. I have a few manuals as well. Let me look at what I have and I will post it for you. Otherwise, one or both of you are welcome to call me on my cell phone and I will assist you the best I can.;Sweet

Edit : I found my pdf files but they are larger than the forum allows posting and when I try taking a "snapshot" of them, they get bigger. No clue how to change them so the forum will let me post the stupid things. looks as if the blue wire from the transfer lockout goes to the the second connector back on the top of the long electric box as you have the red positive wire facing you. If anyone can tell me how to post this annoying pdf, please do so before I go nutty trying to figure out the impossible.

Last edited:

D.A.V_Oil_Brnr

M88 Junky
Reaction score
Lockout

I have not looked into it much. However, it seems to be a lockout solenoid. I will look into at it on my truck;Sweet later today and post a detailed message.

D.A.V_Oil_Brnr

M88 Junky
Reaction score
GV Diagrams

Email sent to you, hope it helps. Anyone else needing diagrams, let me know and I will send them. Keep in mind that my diagrams are specific to my 15 year old first generation unit. So not guaranteed to help EVERYONE.:sly

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
i was wondering about the same thing myself. Since my unit came out of a 2wd pickup the wire did not exist. The connector on the electronics is there for it but since i dont have the original wire for the 4x4 lockout i dont know which pins it used?? The connectors are no more than a telephone jack plug.

And another ? How is the foot switch wired? I will be using a shifter mounted 2 speed rear end switch. I dont have any info on how that is wired either. thanks again.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
i was wondering about the same thing myself. Since my unit came out of a 2wd pickup the wire did not exist. The connector on the electronics is there for it but since i dont have the original wire for the 4x4 lockout i dont know which pins it used?? The connectors are no more than a telephone jack plug.

And another ? How is the foot switch wired? I will be using a shifter mounted 2 speed rear end switch. I dont have any info on how that is wired either. thanks again.

First of all, Sorry for not getting copies of my book printed and getting them to you, I just didn't make it a priority and it got put on the back burner and never got it done, so again I apologize for that. Sounds like you are all set for the book now thanks to D.A.V_Oil_Brnr!

As far as wiring up the switch, When I installed my floor shifter, I wanted to add the Eaton Switch on the shifter like you are going to use, instead of the floor switch.

I could never get the Eaton switch to work like the floor shift, with all of the GV Electronics. I wired it up 3 different ways, 2 of witch are in the manual and it still would not work properly.

What I ended up doing is to completely remove all of the Gearvendors Electronics and wiring, and it is now completely manual. I have a red switch on the dash that turns on the power to the Eaton switch on the shifter. So when I am heading on the highway I activate the overdrive, hit the eaton switch. When I am in the city I just keep the OD off.

Here is a pic of the OD Switch, It also has a red light that lights up when activated:

You must be registered for see images

Eaton Switch when it was first installed, and before I added the manual switch:

You must be registered for see images

2 Things, you have to remember to turn off the OD when coming to a stop, and never switch it on when using 4x4.

A couple of times I did not turn off the GV when coming to a stop , I just rolled a little more and hit the switch with no problems, Only happened 2 times in 50K miles. Doesnt happen anymore.

Personally I have never had the need to run 65 MPH in 4x4 down the highway anyway so that is not a problem. I just keep the dash switch OFF so i do not inadvertently hit the Eaton switch. Big expensive parts will break if that happens!

The GV only needs 12V to activate so the wiring on this system is simple, 12V Power, to the dash switch, to the Eaton Switch, to the GV motor, to Ground.

Hope this helps a little,..

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Well thank you very much. I ordered the same switch you have on the shifter. When I had dash out I installed all the gv electronics behind it so they are all wired in. I hope I can get the switch to work with it. You wouldn't happen to still have the 4x4 lockout wire would you?
o

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Alright well thx again. I need to find someone that can unplug the lockout connector and see what pin it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88