Gauges

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DIS lost this sale and potentially a customer. I cancelled my order this morning and went trhough another vendor. This one promises me that the products will be here by Monday. If everything goes smoothly I will drop hs name here, maybe some of you will choose to use his services.

Mike

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
DIS lost this sale and potentially a customer. I canceled my order this morning and went through another vendor. This one promises me that the products will be here by Monday. If everything goes smoothly I will drop his name here, maybe some of you will choose to use his services.

Mike
The only problem I've had with DIS is waiting for them to restock Racor fuel filters. Then I too found another vendor. If DIS has something in stock, I've never had a problem with a late delivery.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hheynow
The only problem I've had with DIS is waiting for them to restock Racor fuel filters. Then I too found another vendor. If DIS has something in stock, I've never had a problem with a late delivery.

My only hangup with it is why dont they let you know ahead of time? Thats poor business practices IMHO. Had I known they (the guages) were a long lead time I would possibly ordered sooner or choosen a different vendor from the start.

Mike

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heres the follow up to the guage saga for anyone interested.

Through a different diesel truck web site I had a vendor contact me when he saw some of my troubles getting guages shipped from DIS. This guy promised me that he could and would deliver the goods. So I took his word for it and ordered from him. And he stuck to his word, the guages showed up within 3 days and the A-pillar was at my door on the 4th day after placing the order. He called me at home twice to double check on some minor discrepencies in the order and we had e-mail communications as well. Anyway, the install is done and if you want to check out his website and see if he has products that you may use Ill insert the link. Note to you Bay Area boys, he's just up the road in Suisun City.

Kens Performance Solutions

Check him out, he seemed like a helpful guy willing to go the extra mile for some business.

Mike

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
Heres the follow up to the Gage saga for anyone interested.

Through a different diesel truck web site I had a vendor contact me when he saw some of my troubles getting guages shipped from DIS. This guy promised me that he could and would deliver the goods. So I took his word for it and ordered from him. And he stuck to his word, the gauges showed up within 3 days and the A-pillar was at my door on the 4th day after placing the order. He called me at home twice to double check on some minor discrepancies in the order and we had e-mail communications as well. Anyway, the install is done and if you want to check out his website and see if he has products that you may use Ill insert the link. Note to you Bay Area boys, he's just up the road in Suisun City.

Kens Performance Solutions

Check him out, he seemed like a helpful guy willing to go the extra mile for some business.Mike

Mike, I too got a PM from him on the other site about ordering an item (Racor fuel filters) that DIS was out of. Seems that some people are willing to go the extra mile to consummate a sale...and the others should take notice. I admire this quality...customer satisfaction. I am one of those Bay Area guys and am less than a hour from him. Thanks for sharing...;Sweet

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hheynow
Mike, I too got a PM from him on the other site about ordering an item (Racor fuel filters) that DIS was out of. Seems that some people are willing to go the extra mile to consummate a sale...and the others should take notice. I admire this quality...customer satisfaction. I am one of those Bay Area guys and am less than a hour from him. Thanks for sharing...;Sweet

I dont know if you have used his services yet or not, but IMHO he at least is making 110% effort at doing a good deal. The guy called me at least twice on his dime long distance to make sure we had the order right. Most places would have just shipped it out and then charged a restocking fee if the order was incorrect. I'll do business with Ken again if the need arises and he has the goods.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online