"Gauge Garage Sale" Buyer Beware

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up for ya' - Before Christmas there was a post concerning ISSPRO having a big clearance sale. I am a gauge guy and figured I would buy some and then sell a few off. I came up with about 15 different P/N's they had in stock and then did my homework. Everyone has a story, 4 foot capillary, 24 VDC, no sender, no pyro probe or T/C..... you get the idea. By the time I was done, about all I would buy is a Banks 15 lb boost gauge and I passed on those. Great Prices but do your homework..... it is not as it seems. :yell:

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought one of those banks boost gauges just to have an extra, plus I needed a light kit for another isspro gauge I have. Works out good, but it does not come with a pressure line. It is just a gauge.

I also bought a pyrometer kit they had. It does not come with a temp probe, but they did ask me if I needed one and were up front about the fact it did not come with one. I already had an isspro pyro, but I just wanted a new gauge face that was colored. They were up front about what you got when you bought these items, and I was happy with the deal.

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one of those banks boost gauges just to have an extra, plus I needed a light kit for another isspro gauge I have. Works out good, but it does not come with a pressure line. It is just a gauge.

I also bought a pyrometer kit they had. It does not come with a temp probe, but they did ask me if I needed one and were up front about the fact it did not come with one. I already had an isspro pyro, but I just wanted a new gauge face that was colored. They were up front about what you got when you bought these items, and I was happy with the deal.

Sounds like it worked out well for you. The sales associate I have been working with didn't have a clue unless I asked. She was ready to write it up and ship it. When I did find that none of the electric gauges came with senders she offered to find out if they had any that would work. It is exactly what it says.... garage sale, they are up front it's stuff that didn't sell or obsolete and nice folks. Eyes open is all.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are right. Deals that are too good to be true....usually are. When I find those, I always try to ask more questions than I normally would. I hope anyone who ordered any of this stuff knew the right questions to ask.

jada64

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with them for the boost gauge. They asked if I wanted an install kit for it also because it does not include it. I got it all for 25 shipped. Not bad IMO.

Boltgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted up the original link. I fail to see how this is a "buyer beware" situation, I wouldn't expect a $15 gauge to come with a $50 pyro. :dunno

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted up the original link. I fail to see how this is a "buyer beware" situation, I wouldn't expect a $15 gauge to come with a $50 pyro. :dunno

I felt others should know what I found out. In no way was it meant to discredit the post. I came up with 12 different P/N's I was going to purchase. Not all of them stated 24 Volts DC, some did some didn't. The mechanical temp gauges are all good but they only have a 4 foot capillary, that isn't going to work for most truck applications as an example. I have been doing this stuff for a long long time and if a heads up could save someone some grief by asking questions then it was worth time spent. Just trying to offer some personal insight after I did the research. As others pointed out, there were a few good deals to be had, if you are looking for a 15 psi boost gauge for example with no install kit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726