fuel tank

camconative

Reaction score
Hello all,
Newbie here.
I recently purchased a 1996 Ford f-250 w/ 7.3L turbo diesel. The truck is in very good condition, has 137,000 on the odometer and 500 miles on new rebuilt transmission.
The only flaw I could find with the truck is that the rear fuel tank had an annoying slow leak. My mechanic tells me that a rusted out tank is a common problem on these trucks and I should take it out and repair or replace it.
Has anyone had to do this? Is it a pretty straight forward job or are there pitfalls that I should be aware of? Thanks for any tips.

Randy

spg

Big Red
Reaction score
Hi Randy, Welcome to the site. You might want to repost this in the section about Ford Diesels under the Powerstroke section. The Medium duty section is for trucks Between F450 and up through trucks just under Semi size. You will probably get more replies that way. That is where everyone reads and posts about trucks up to F350. Good luck.

camconative

Reaction score
Oops, I guess I got confused...but nothing unusual about that. Anyway, I got the old tank out, new tank installed, and everything is as good as new.
Thanks for the reply.
Randy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online