Fuel Tank Selector Switch

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
I got a fuel tank selector switch off of a 95 F-150 Gasser from a pick-n-pull. I was wondering if it will work for my truck. It looks just like the one out of my truck, and the connection on the back "looks" the same. I dont want to pull the dash piece off if it's not going to work because I tend to break a stupid clip everytime I take it off.

BTW, the part number stamped on the switch is FT2B-9A050-AB

Thanks guys,
Casey

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Found this in the shop manual:

Fuel Tank Selector Switch

All fuel gauge sensing on vehicles with dual fuel tanks (except with 7.3L diesel engine (6007)) passes through the fuel tank selector switch.

So on that basis, it won't work.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
maybe not hheynow it may just leave a couple contacts empty but I'd say the only way to know for sure with out calling ford and checking part numbers is to try it as for the fuel gauge not going thru the switch thats stupid how does the gauge know what tank to read if its not passing thru the switch

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
hheynow said:
Found this in the shop manual:

So on that basis, it won't work.

Good deal...thanks richard!

I think I am going to end up just check it out this afternoon...I am hearing that it won't work and then it will work....I think it should work??? Why would Ford make TWO different switches for gas and diesel...the switch doesn't care whats in the tanks LOL

thanks guys

JOAT

Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
maybe not hheynow it may just leave a couple contacts empty but I'd say the only way to know for sure with out calling ford and checking part numbers is to try it as for the fuel gauge not going thru the switch thats stupid how does the gauge know what tank to read if its not passing thru the switch

The gauge switching is in the tank valve itself. If the valve quits working, the fuel gauge won't change to the other tank. Switches that control which tank the gauge reads will show the level of the selected tank even if the valve doesn't switch. Common, but not cool...

JOAT

Reaction score
Been hopping in here occasionally, just never seem to post here
(with all these smilies, you think there'd be a shrug???) :rotflmao

Goin good. Just did a 1300 mile WVO run to Portland and back. Ran like a champ and used about 3 gallons #2 total ;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the gasser switch wont work.the plug for the diesel trucks wont even plug into it.as was stated on the gassers the fuel level is sent through the dash switch where as the diesels fuel level is sent from the selector valve itself.

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
the gasser switch wont work.the plug for the diesel trucks wont even plug into it.as was stated on the gassers the fuel level is sent through the dash switch where as the diesels fuel level is sent from the selector valve itself.

Rich...thanks for the answer...i think that puts this one to bed :draw

Don...WVO, makin it at home?? I am still learning the world of BIO...does the WVO have all the glycerin removed or is it just filtered or what? Would love to check out your setup...

-Casey