Fuel supply line to Filter housing O-ring size?

mooseracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had it off in a while and it is leaking on me. Does anyone know off hand what size it is and if there is anything special, ie round or flat style....

I was going to try and stay clean at the parts store.

Thanks

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
I believe what you're looking for is called an olive.. International dealers have em. Some folks have been able to cut the end of a rubber fuel hose off and make it work.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
bought the smaller ones today for the line to the IP. IH acutally calls them sleeves

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That fuel line from the mechanical lift pump to the filter is 3/8 tube. The line from the filter to the injection pump is 5/16 tube. Most any good injection pump repair shop will have these olives or sleeves... Buy several of each size. They are cheap insurance to have when you get a leaker. Way back at the number 8 cylinder intake port we have a 3 way return line port fitting. It has a 5/16 olive in it to seal the line fitting.... Bet none ya knew that.... They can cause an air leak too..:sly

mooseracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a supplier online to get these through? Local dealer is about an hour away and out of the way of any of my normal driving.

My searching isn't bring up much using the IH part numbers.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 in my hand, I will have lots of every size the end of this month.