fuel return line fitting on nylon line

pybyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I plan out my total replacement of all the rubber fuel supply and return lines in the front of the truck, I have a question-

the 3/8 inch line that goes from the rear driver's side of the engine to the nylon return line [along the frame] to the tank is only press-fit over the nylon line- no clamp, no fitting. And it's barely a press-fit- mostly because the hose is so old it has lost its tension.

What should be there at that joint between the rubber hose and the nylon line?

Thanks

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Nothing, it slides over, shoulda been a constant tension clamp on it from the factory. AKA spring clamp. I ran nylon all the way back to my rear tank, used 3/8 and 5/16 fuel injection hose on the whole system. Theres only short sections of rubber where it transitions from the fuel sender's quick connect (which i replaced too, dorman sells the replacement fitting in steel also) and i lubricated the rubber hose and slid it over the nylon 3 or 4 in and placed a fuel injection clamp on it and snugged it enough that i knew it wouldn;t be a air leak. Fuel injection clamps all the way to the FSV, then to my electric fuel pump and from there on i made my own 3/8 bent fuel line to get over to the motor. Didn't take very long and i haven't had an issue yet.

BigRedWeather

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flexible fuel line

I am looking for two parts in this area of the fuel system and you guys might know the part numbers that I can't find. The steel fuel supply and return lines come up from the tanks and end at the engine. Then there is about 6" of flexible line that connect to the steel line with quick connects. The those flexible lines connect to two more steel lines that take the fuel to the top of the engine. I am needing the part numbers for the flexible lines that run between the steel lines, but I can' t find them anywhere.

Does any know the PNs or can I just get those made up if I measure them properly?

Thanks,

BigRedWeather