Fuel pump

Exekiel69

Reaction score
It is time for another pump, the Holley died after years of good service and the one I have now is not going to make it when I tow so... I read other threads where there are pumps with a filter incorporated, I think it is a facet, where can I get this? I need a GOOD pump that I can get locally if possible or that will last Me very long, remember I burn bio and wvo so it must resist hot fuel.

Thank You.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
There are no electric pumps rated for insanely high temp fuel running through them, but they are fine with regular heated filter temps. I run a facet after the Davco heated filter in my Volvo diesel, been in there 3 years.
The Facet Duralift is available from Carrier Transcold dealers their part number 30-01108-01SV ( facet part number 40223 ) and they run about $125
They come with those nifty water tight plugs and you can get the other side pieces at Napa for a solid connection.

These pumps were designed for continuous duty commercial diesel service
they are the factory lift pumps for new Carrier Transcold and Thermoking ****** units. Replacements can be purchased at any ****** repair nationwide, although I doubt the need would arise soon. When I went to the dealer to buy one , It took the guy forever to find the thing. He had them in there somewhere, but they'd never had one fail, so nobody knew where they were ;Sweet

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Do You have a web site or maybe the phone # from the dealer You know so I can ask them for a dealer near Me?

For some reason I remember the purolator name next to one of this pumps, I know advance would carry/order the pump if I have the right part #.

What do You mean by other parts? Does it come with a filter or that is separate too? does it need a pressure regulator or it is already set for 9psi?

Thank You.

gandalf

Reaction score
Do You have a web site or maybe the phone # from the dealer You know so I can ask them for a dealer near Me?

For some reason I remember the purolator name next to one of this pumps, I know advance would carry/order the pump if I have the right part #.

What do You mean by other parts? Does it come with a filter or that is separate too? does it need a pressure regulator or it is already set for 9psi?

Thank You.

The web site I found is: Facet Duralift Or at least thats a pdf file/fact sheet. It has a dealer name on it.

My initial concern might be the pressure. They list 9-11.5 PSI. Isn't that a bit high? Would we need a regulator? Otherwise it sounds like a real good pump, though perhaps a bit pricey. OTOH, if you never have to buy another one... And it can mount up high in the engine compartment rather than down on the frame rail. I can see possibilities.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score

Thank You.

Here's the dealer locator page for carrier There should be one near you .

The 40223 is the Facet/purolator number, but I tried my guy at Advance and he came up empty handed on that one , and I have one guy at the local advance who is an old parts man , been around, he couldn't wrangle it out of their system, he tried calling all their sources and nada, but that was about a year and a half ago, it might show up now. Heck, their regional vice president was in the store the other day bragging to me on how he could get me ANYTHING even for my funny european cars that I generally have to get parts from strange places around the world, as he stuffed one of his cards in my pocket. I ought to call the guy and make him work for it :D One of those refugee from a motivational seminar types, had no idea what his own company inventory or capabilities were cookoo

The filter screen comes with it, the thing is very fine, easy to clean on the side of the road if needed with a can of brake cleaner or carb cleaner.
The parts mentioned needed are the other side of the electric plug , a Packard plug#12015792 and two internal connectors#12124581 and two seals
This website is just for reference, the parts are available at napa and other websites in smaller quantities., just didn't want to waste all night searching.
This is of course , only if you want to have the nice sanitary watertight easy to disconnect plug, you can , of course, just lop the thing off and crimp the wires on and wire it in through a relay :D I just happen to like those Packard plugs.

----------Robert

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Damn, EZ where You been hidin out? First I've seen of You in weeks.

Working 2 jobs, mortgage and toys can't be paid with one and We are on the way to have a baby so working even harder for this reason, but I always check the forum. I hope to work normal hours some time soon so I can gt back to what I like so much in this site.

Btw RLDSL that is excellent, I'll order one asap. The one I have come with a regulator so Maybe I'll adapt it to the pump.

Thank You.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Got one for $114, the nearest dealer is in Baltimore so I had it shipped. I should have My new pump this Wednesday ;Sweet .

The parts guy said this pump will deliver 10lbs, should I run a regulator? It seems to Me 1 pound won't make a big difference, but I then to push things some times.

Thank You.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I haven't haven't had a pressure regulator on mine yet and it's been fine. I did time the engine with that electric pump on it. Suposedly higher inlet pressure changes timing a bit.

I do have a pressure reg with a gauge sitting on the shelf I've been meaning to install when I pop my engine back in, I suppose I should just to have another neat goodie on there :D

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well Pump arrived on wednesday and I finished installing it this morning, I have to say I already like the extra filter in the fuel system and the capacity to see what is in there. I haven't towed anything with it yet so I'll see what it can handle then. Now I have one question, the filter bowl isn't full when the engine is running, is this normal? There is like 1/6 of it that I can see fuel coming in to it but it always stay like this, engine runs just fine.

Also, the pump is a bit noisy but I can only tell before starting :D
I hope it does last a life time like they say bc I plan to keep it in the truck when I set the C in it.:love:

Thank You.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I think the noise when you first turn the key while the glow plugs are warming up is possibly the internal bypass as it hits max pressure with the fuel going nowhere. Mine does the same thing, noisy while cycling the plugs but once I fire up, can't hear the thing.

The fuel bowl level sounds right. It picks up below that where the screen goes around a piece in there. Whenever I clean the screen, I fill the bowl with ATF so I don't have to make as big a mess bleeding off the schrader valve on the main filter head.
You'll be amazed how much crud your regular pump fuel will leave in that screen.
I't s kind of nice, extends the life of those expensive filters.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well, I drove the truck and it is all good not towing but if I start pulling the fuel filter light will go ON so something is wrong here. I start thinking maybe air? maybe the fuel filter? or maybe something is blocking the fuel pick up? but it only happens when I step on it a bit hard :confused: . Would air cause this from a small leak somewhere?

Thank You.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Not an air problem but it is a fuel delievery problem. The filter lite coming on is telling you the injection pump is pulling a vacuum on the fuel filter because its not getting enough supply from the tanks or the filter is plugged up.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
The filter is not too old but maybe I'll change that first, I don't know about the tanks since they allways worked fine and this happens on either tank so that is why I think there could be some restriction on the lines. Maybe it is time to get a fuel press gauge.

Thank You.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I drove the truck and it is all good not towing but if I start pulling the fuel filter light will go ON so something is wrong here...
In 20 years this only happened to me one time. I installed a new filter before a long trip and at my fourth fill-up I must have picked up some bad fuel, the filter was clogged...filter light came on when I put power to the engine. So I just backed off the throttle and finished the trip. Put on a new filter and all was good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08