Fuel pump help

SSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing the carrier lift pump got everything plumed and wired and it comes on like it should but I'm getting no fuel, now to be fair the truck had set for a few months as I haven't been welding much lately and I didn't start it before hand just installed the e-pump how long is it safe to let the pump run and try to catch a prime? Any input would be aswesom. Thanks

SSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounted it on the inner fender just ahead of the lug wrench, it won't hurt it running dry?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those pumps don’t suck fuel well, they push. you want to mount that at a lower place in the truck so it is gravity fed fuel

SSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kicking myself in the ass right now for letting that rig set, had a high doller rig welding job fall in my lap, and my ******** hadent fired the truck or machine in about 6 dam months, and I got to be on the job Monday lol.
You must be registered for see images attach

SSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to sound like a ass, but everything I read on here said there made to suck fuel unless I'm mistaken, let me go back and read agin

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You are correct. The carrier are made to pull fuel.
I would take the outlet side loose, and let it run like that for a bit. If it's still not pulling after a couple 30 second cycles or so, manually fill the bowl.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

SSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol this sums up what I have found
"The push pull debate has been beaten to a pulp in the last few weeks, some say better near the tank, but we have people on here who talked to facet tech reps, who said MAKE SURE the pump is sucking and not pushing fuel."

"They really suck fuel better than they push fuel. Don't believe it... Next time you see a refrigerated semi trailer going down the road look at the spare tire under the rig. See the fuel tank for the frig unit under the trailer. Now look at where the unit it way up top in front of the trailer. Thats about a 25 ft draw and a pull up hill of about 11 ft.. Yeah they suck mighty fine there buddy"

SSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct. The carrier are made to pull fuel.
I would take the outlet side loose, and let it run like that for a bit. If it's still not pulling after a couple 30 second cycles or so, manually fill the bowl.

Ok so it could hurt it running it dry to long, that's what I I figured

SSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spec sheet says they're rated to run dry for up to four hours. If you have to wait that long, something else is wrong ;)
Awesome thanks, I just have a feeling that the lines are dry as **** I'll pull the outlet and let her run awhile in the a.m.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yeah, I couldn't comment on running dry. Some pumps will burn up in a couple seconds though. Lol

SSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** it's sitting slightly nose up should I pull it out so it's nose down or more level?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726