Fuel line repair

OldIDI

Reaction score
I bought a 93 F350 with the 7.3 idi 5 speed, after fixing a bunch of electrical issues im moving towards fuel line and injectors. My question is since I don't trust anything that guy did how would I know if it is a late or early fuel line repair kit I need?

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A ‘93 is definitely a later model IDI, but I’m not sure it matters much which kit you get. If anyone else has ran both and noticed a difference I’d be curious to know.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
As I recal the kits differ in two ways.

1) There are a couple of the caps that have outlets at 12 and 3 o’clock vs 12 and 6 o’clock.
2) The later kits had a slightly larger fuel line in between.

But you will want the later version based on your year.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The kits are routed differently and so only the later kit will fit your 93. My 89 had the late kit stock. (The elbows and tees will be different counts)

The size difference is quite a bit with those small diameters. I think early is 1/4" and late is 3/8" or maybe 3/16" and 1/4". But in my case the small kit I accidentally ordered made my return system pressurize a tiny bit and my IP ran like crap for a while till I switched them out.
That could have been more from my IP being on the way out and bypassing a lot of fuel, but it was an affect nonetheless. They changed sizes for a reason, right!? :)

OldIDI

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all your help its my first IDI let alone first deisel and the guy I bought it from wasnt really the Mr. Fix it type by what I can see.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I bought my Blue Truck from someone who bought it from that type. The guy I bought it from was going to fix it up and didn't get around to touching it until he sold it to me. I bought it in January of 2013 and am still dealing with little things. Slowly but surely. One thing at a time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle