Fuel Line Problem

rickrat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1983 Ford F-350 6.9. The fuel line that runs from the filter to the Injector Pump is leaking bad. I pulled the line off to find that it has two little rubber seals in the ends. Of course no Auto Parts places I can find carries this, as it looks like the whole line needs replaced (cant just replace the rubber seals).

Anybody have any idea if there is a way to buy some fittings and adapt this a different way? If not, where can I find this part?

Thanks!

RedTruck

Reaction score
That's a very common item at any diesel related shop. The Ford dealer may not have them on hand (but can get them). A tractor implement dealer/repair shop should have them on hand. Bring your line with you so you get the right ones.

I've often thought that in a pinch a small section of 3/8" fuel hose (the thinner the better) or just the right sized O-ring would seal it up.

Paul

rickrat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local Ford Dealer said that this part is no longer availailable from Ford, or from any vintage catalog listings that he could find. Im still searching!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've cut a small section of fuel line and used it in place of the rubber donut quite sucessfully.