fuel leak

torinoracer29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I have been battleing a fuel leak that I could not seem to locate and after spending a couple hours today I can see fuel leaking from the bottom of my injector pump towards the mounting bolts on the back of the pump. Any ideas where this could be coming from and any possible fixes. The pump only has about 50000 miles on it and of course is out of warranty.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats the internal main shaft seal weep hole showing you the seal is bad. Sorry to say that but at least you know whats wrong. Where did you buy the pump from. At that mileage its kinda early for a failure if all you run for fuel is diesel and not a cocktail of other stuff.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
You sure it's coming from under the pump, and not from the input line? That has an olive in it, I just had that go bad on me. Looked like a weep hole leak until I played wipe and follow the drip.

torinoracer29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as it turns out it is the inner seal leaking from the pump. The good news is the company I bought it from is standing behind their pump and sending me a new one (freshly rebuilt). So hopefully my problems will be done along with typ4's fuel return kit. Thanks to all for the advice and idea's.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats great news. Please post the name of the pump builder so others will know something good about a builder. We all like to see another shop that actually stands behind what they build and sell.

Black dawg

Reaction score
very cool that they are helping you even after warranty. Any more pics of that car?

torinoracer29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very cool that they are helping you even after warranty. Any more pics of that car?

He does offer a full two year warranty, mine was pretty close I'm sure. You can google Bobby Allison 68 torino image and there is a ton of pictures on the web of my car that have been taken by various photographers from different events and races I have had it at. It is a replica of the 68 torino bobby allison drove for bondy long in late 67 early 68

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online