Fuel leak drivers side

Suddenly

Reaction score
first post, been browsing since I got my truck. Already fixed the fuel heater leaking thanks to the forums here. Please forgive me if the format is terrible and hopefully the pictures work. Here’s the truck
You must be registered for see images attach

I have had fuel leaking since I bought my truck and finally found time to try and figure out from where.got under the truck and found where it was dripping from and chased it back to the lines coming to and from the tanks. After giving them a wiggle to get a better look the truck now has a steady drip while running.
Tried a quick search in the usual places but was just getting results for the injector return lines.
This is just under the drivers side door

Second picture it looks like a metal line with plastic sleeved over it. Seemed like it was this line that was leaking, appeared to run up towards the return system, solid line underneath goes to the passenger side of the engine

Does anyone still sell these lines? Which is most likely to be the culprit? Is the sleeved line the return?
Thanks in advanced. Dan

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They all look pretty crusty. Given the leak happens while running it's most likely to be the return line. If it was the feed line, the truck would start sucking air and die.

Suddenly

Reaction score
Had to take it to the shop for this one, fuel return line was basically falling apart just had it patched with some rubber line for now. How do my odds look for sourcing a new steel line? Convert whole thing to rubber line?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do my odds look for sourcing a new steel line? Convert whole thing to rubber line?

Just buy a roll of steel tubing and run it where the steel was. You can get it at the auto parts store with their brake line. It's also available in Stainless and a nickel/copper alloy that are corrosion resistant, but more expensive. Then just use rubber hose at the ends to hook it up.

You can get by with rubber, but it's not the "right" way. It will work though. Steel line is a bit cheaper than rubber is too.

Philip1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The nickel/copper alloy lines are the best in my opinion due to the ease of use for bending with the proper tools and with the corrosion resistance