Fuel gauge pegged

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only tested the front sender. I didn't feel like dropping the rear tank. I do plan on dropping both tanks this summer and re-doing the fuel lines, pickups , and clean the tanks.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to ohm the rear sender (well, both actually) from the FSV connector.

It would also be worth continuity checking between the ground wire on the front tank connector and a good ground. Could be that the common ground used by both senders is where the open circuit is.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guage stays pegged until about 1/8th tank on my truck. Oddly at first it would only peg after 3/4 tank but now it pegs after 1/8 and basically does the same thing on both tanks similar to yours. Let me know what you find wrong!

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sender is just a PCB with printed tracks of some resistive material on it. A wiper wipes across the lines resulting in a higher or lower resistance.
problem is that over time, the wiper wipes /through/ the tracks, resulting in a broken circuit.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve also pulled non working senders out and had them covered in crud from the truck sitting for awhile, and have been able to reuse them by cleaning the track so the wiper can get a good connection. But for the work to get to it I’d rather replace them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online