fuel filler mod

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To keep you from filling your tank up as fast as you want....

I believe the above reply was supposed to be a joke. Gas and diesel filler pipes both use the pipe inside the pipe type of system. It keeps the air coming out of the tank when you are filling, separated from the fuel going into the tank via the nozzle. This keeps the air coming up the filler from mixing with the fuel and making the fuel gulp and and turning the nozzle off. It works ok in theory, especially with gasoline, but the diesel foams too much and the factory did not make the pipes large enough to work well. If they did, we would not have all these fuel fill-up problems with these trucks.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should i take them out?

Since you have made the new vent system on top of the tank, you can. You can try it with them installed, but if you want to cut out your filler neck so you can use the 18 wheeler fuel pumps, you should get rid of the hose inside.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill see how it does with it in and go from there. i will post my results next time i get some fuel.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last night i filled up the front tank at a shell station and this mod worked great. when i get a chance im going to go to hop town they have a flying j :sly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online