Fuel delivery problem?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
You need a fuel pressure gauge after the fuel filter. Advance has the mr gasket fuel pressure gauge $16 and You can get a line and fittings for like $6 maybe more with the T but this will allow You to know for sure if the fuel is there or not. Also, You don't mention the fuel filter light sensor going off this one only comes ON when there is vacuum inside the filter, could be as said fuel gelling.
I personally never used the Howe's bc I just don't see it around here and when I drive long distance I don't feel adventurous to start using a new additive in the middle of a trip, I use PS white bottle year round and some times 911 red bottle when I think it is getting too cold, again I have fuel pressure gauges on all My trucks so I can tell when the system is working as usual or not.

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
I have been using an additive since this problem started. I have been using the PS white bottle. I have not used Howe's nor have I seen any.
I have not been doubling up. I also don't have a fuel pressure gauge.
I'll go buy a filter tomorrow and change it. Then I'll invest in a fuel pressure gauge shortly thereafter.
I'll keep everyone updated.
Thanks everyone for the advice.

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
I have been using an additive since this problem started. I have been using the PS white bottle. I have not used Howe's nor have I seen any.
I have not been doubling up. I also don't have a fuel pressure gauge.
I'll go buy a filter tomorrow and change it. Then I'll invest in a fuel pressure gauge shortly thereafter.
I'll keep everyone updated.
Thanks everyone for the advice.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll go buy a filter tomorrow and change it.

Best buy THREE; one for now and the other two behind the seat for roadside emergencies.

In the next town over, three main highways converge on a tiny courthouse square, with one side being a very steep pull out of a deep "holler".

Hardly a week goes by that some big truck or another doesn't stall on that steep hill due to a clogged fuel-filter; and, more often than not, sits blocking the road until someone runs to the parts-store and fetches him another filter.

I don't know what they do when this happens after hours or on Sundays. :eek:

Last edited:

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ottoparts,
Im close enough to MN to hear about the state mandating BIO-Diesel in the fuel,2-5%. The last couple winters I think they gave the gas stations a waiver to not sell this in the winter time, is that the case this year?

I know anyone who drives any diesel engine would be careful about this, just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
Brad, I honestly don't know. I've only been here for two weeks. The only thing i keep getting told by the gas station attendants is that the diesel is already treated at the factory and that some of the stations add more additives upon arrival. But I'm taking that with a grain of salt. I still have been adding the white bottle of PS. Per advise earlier I think I will start doubling up on it as well.
Still trying to find everything. I do know where the local Napa's are though.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
For emergencies You can use 911 PS red bottle, this thing will liquefy gelled fuel and eliminate watter in it by absorbing it.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For emergencies You can use 911 PS red bottle, this thing will liquefy gelled fuel and eliminate watter in it by absorbing it.

YES; I keep two bottles on hand for just such emergencies; never ever needed them, but I carry them each winter anyway.

Be advised that the red bottle 911 stuff works by chemical reaction to un-gell already gelled fuel; it is NOT an anti-gel. :)