Fuel Additives

Billy

Reaction score
Hey I can not say enough about the advice I got on fuel additives for my 7.3. Made a huge difference! I never used that stuff before, on anything, I thought it was a bunch of bunk.

I was so impressed with it, I put it in my 6.5 turbo GMC, which was running fine as far as I was concerned. I haven't run a full tank through yet of sea foam and fuel condition, but what a difference!

Its been in the single digits here in Minnesota at night, and the things fires right up in the morning. A little smoke but clears right up! More power, easier starts, the only bad side effect is that it seems quieter??

that was great advice, thanks again I won't forget it.

Billy:yell:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that you have dosed it with seafoam, go get some Stanadyne fuel conditioner to run in your tanks on a regular basis. Especially in the winter time. It will boost the cetane and prevent against gelling.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Stanadyne is the perferred stuff, but HOWES, Diesel Kleen, Power Service are acceptable as well and usually cost less.
Just make sure that whichever of those products you use,
use it on a regular basis.
If not every fill-up, every other or so.
Myself, I use EVERY fill as I average 700 mi a week and turn alot of fuel.

Your use will dictate how you treat it.
Another use for the Sea Foam is EVERY time you change your fuel filter, give it a ****** {fill the filter} with the Sea Foam!
Good ennema for the nozzles!

Glad we could have helped:cool

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Mummmmmm Sea Foam;p ;p

Use it in the motorcycle & wife's car but never tried the truck:sorry:

Infact, I need to change the fuel filter in da PSD, it's been almost 2 years since it was changed:( However, yes it does get drained every now and again & it also get's a "power flush" (drained when the PSD is running every couple months.

Stanadyne did not seem to do anything at all to the PSD & what I've been using is Power Service when I remember :Q

Might have to try Sea Foam in the diesel one of these years:angel:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Give it a try Rampy!
When you change the filter, may as well clean the FPR screen as well, then ****** the system with a filter full of Sea foam.
I wasn't too keen on trying any "snake oil" either but DAY-UM!
That stuff werks:D

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Originally posted by geonc
Give it a try Rampy!
When you change the filter, may as well clean the FPR screen as well, then ****** the system with a filter full of Sea foam.
I wasn't too keen on trying any "snake oil" either but DAY-UM!
That stuff werks:D

Me thinks I've either got some glow plugs going out or that are out & posibly a few injector O rings gone bad:eek: :eek:

Lots and LOTS of blue smoke on start up but it goes away after the truck get's warmed up.

She's rough starting & takes a while to warm up.

Might plug her in tonight as the forcast is down around 9*, 0* tomorrow & -3* the next day.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blue smoke is oil, could be an o-ring. Check your fuel filter. If shes pitch black then youre getting HPO into the fuel side.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
Blue smoke is oil, could be an o-ring. Check your fuel filter. If shes pitch black then youre getting HPO into the fuel side.

What, you want me to go outside tonight & freeze my little toes of fLOL LOL LOL

Last time I checked the fuel filter it had black "gunk" on the screen & I'd already cleaned it. Then when it was last drained into a clear clean bottle had a few "floaters" that were black & posibly rubber. That's what's making me think the injector O rings are going bad.

Need to find a good shop around these parts with a mech who knows Powerstrokes. The stealer here in town does not even have a real diesel mec let along a powerstroke traind one.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Rampy, You don't werk on yer chit?:confused:

With the miles on your truck, I might suggest:eek:
If you are going under the valve covers, go ahead and replace the GP's, inj wiring harness{?} along with either just doing a "O" ring job OR.......................................

coughing up for a set of Baby Swamps;burnout

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Originally posted by geonc
Rampy, You don't werk on yer chit?:confused:

With the miles on your truck, I might suggest:eek:
If you are going under the valve covers, go ahead and replace the GP's, inj wiring harness{?} along with either just doing a "O" ring job OR.......................................

coughing up for a set of Baby Swamps;burnout

I've got roughly 68,600 miles on the truck.

Do minor maint & some stuff, but am not a diesel mech by any stretch & have no idea how to go about pulling a glow plug or even worse an injector.

What's a Baby Swamper:confused: :confused:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ramprat
I've got roughly 68,600 miles on the truck.

Do minor maint & some stuff, but am not a diesel mech by any stretch & have no idea how to go about pulling a glow plug or even worse an injector.

What's a Baby Swamper:confused: :confused:

Swamp is THE place to go for injectors for our trucks, but if you do get some, you better plan on talking with Brian real soon.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
Swamp is THE place to go for injectors for our trucks, but if you do get some, you better plan on talking with Brian real soon.

$850:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
How's this for smoking:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ramprat
$850:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thats the cheap part, didja check out the price over at BTS for a bullet proof E4OD?

It would actually run you just a hair less than that to get re-manned jectors from Ford, and they dont let you get the fuel in like Swamps will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online