FS Ford IDI factory turbo set up

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
this is a factory turbo set up that I was running in my 94 F350 before I pulled the engine for a DT360 swap. the turbo ran great and is a complete system. i never fully cranked it up so i was only running 10 psi max and about 8-9 after my intercooler install. the turbo worked well but does have a little play in the shaft, not enough to touch the housing so i would recommend a rebuild but it came off a good running truck. i am asking 600 for the system located in York, pa

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish I had the $ for such a nice item.. With my home/kitchen remodel project and purchase of the camper took my play money away.. For now that is..
What are you planing to do with the motor?? Just curious.

subway

Reaction score
The motor itself sold this past weekend. I know how it feels to have responsibility soak up any play money! If you want text me an offer, I would consider trades to.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Runningaford

Reaction score
@subway, you wouldn't happen to know the shipping costs to Az? Also, do you have install instructions available, and is there anything additional, that I'd need to purchase to complete the install? Thanks in advance

subway

Reaction score
Shoot me your zip and I will try to get a quote soon for you. For parts you will need an air filter, turbo drain grommet and a couple of bolts for the exhaust and valve cover gaskets if you change the valve covers. I have the turbo valve covers and related wiring harness from the truck. You will also need a down pipe to connect your exhaust.

I don't have any instructions but the system is not very complicated. With some pictures you should be able to put it together pretty quick if you are mechanically inclined.

I will get some pics when it stops raining here so you can see all the parts.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
surprised this isnt sold yet.
i almost bought it, but i dont need another one.

subway

Reaction score
Thanks, I tried to price the system well.

Runningaford

Reaction score
you should jump on it before someone else does!

then i would send it off to Russ @typ4 so he can work his magic.

I'd like to jump, but I've got to convince the warden before jumping. Would you know between getting this, and also having the turbo rebuilt, and the misc. parts Subway mentioned, what the total installed cost would be around?

If I tell the warden it's $600 bucks total, and then I spend a couple hundred more........well, I'm thinking a few of us have been in that boat...hahahaha

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just tell her its around $$100,000.00
that way you have some wiggle room;Sweet

i can tell you that i paid 300 for just the turbo itself, nothing else.
600 for this turbo is a great price.
ive seen this exact kit in the same condition sell for a grand.

ill let him chime in on his prices.

subway

Reaction score
I can't speak on the price of a rebuild, that will be between whoever you choose and if you do any upgrades while doing so.

I can say that I am trying to price the turbo system well. I am also including the valve covers and wiring harness. Not necessarily for the kit but something I see left out a bunch for other kits I have seen for sale. A couple of bolts is not much and the grommet is available as a doorman part for just a couple of bucks last I checked. An air filter is in the 20 to 25 range and valve cover gaskets are in the 15 to 20 range last I saw. The only other cost I can see is the downpipe and that depends on what you do to. Something easy and universal is order some stainless flex like you see on big trucks from summit or Jegs. Or a replacement downpipe is available online if you look around. Those should be the only additional costs you need.

Sorry I would post some pics up as soon as I can but I will be doing a lot of running around for Christmas these next couple of days.

Anyone feel free to chime in for anything else or how fair you feel this is. Realistically you are highly recommend to rebuild any used kit you are putting in. Just trying to fairly lay everything out.

Merry Christmas everyone!

stevebates

Reaction score
I would like to be placed in line for the purchase of your turbo system. Santa gave me 5 crisp $110 bills. I am in N VA and could come pick it up this weekend. Thanks. Steve