front wheel bearings rock auto

glowplug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK i have a 92 F350 dually RWD, 7.3 idi, e40d, twin i-beam, tire size LT215/85 R
I'm getting a hum and vibration right front wheel and get louder on RH curves and go away completely on LH curves
So i went in rock autos site to find inner and outer bearings and races
i want to get TIMKEM
so after looking at the long list i want to make sure I'm ordering the right ones ???
i found
Set47 inner
15245 race outer
15101 bearings outer
do the fronts take a grease seal too?
ARE THESE THE RIGHT ONES??
rock was not much help on the phone i asked them about the two kinds of rotors listed for my truck
one without studs one with studs as part of the rotor and they had no idea.
I got this truck a few months ago and only put a few miles on it. i have not dug in to this truck at all yet,only collecting parts to convert over to a zf5.. looking though the wheel it looks like i have the rotor and studs all in one.(Will have to pull wheel to see) does that change what bearings will fit this truck?
I'm collecting parts so if i order these and don't get to it for a month or two then find out its not what i need i may not be able to send them back.
i would love any help you got for me on this issue.
Thanks

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're not sure about some parts, then look in to manufacturer site. If you like timken's, they have online parts catalog http://www.showmetheparts.com/timken/ . I quickly checked that you've chosen the correct parts according to that timken page. As for rotors, it depends on the manufacturer will it come with studs or not, but they are on the rotors and can be put in there if the rotors doesn't have them, but i would buy ones with studs already on them. Last time we bought rotors to 1991 e350 RWD, which i think has the same rotors than yours, they came with studs and they had bearing races already installed, so we only needed to buy the bearing part. And yes for grease seal also, that timken link above will tell you what is the part # for the grease seal...

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope it fixes it. I have had the same problem before and bearings did fix it, but the other day I had one and bearings did not fix it. Come to find out it was the tire. The outer edge was cupped. It had little dips in the rubber right on the outer edge, you could not hardly see them unless you looked real close. When the vehicle was turned in that one direction, the tire would roll over onto the cupped part and make a growling noise, sounded just like a bearing noise. Going straight it would go away.

glowplug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will need new tires soon I'm going to do the hole frontend I was thinking it was the tire but not sure. Glad you told me now really thinking it is. I also have uneven brake ware . Looks like New cals, rotors tires everything. I have some other used tires .I'm going to put one on and see what happens

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also have uneven brake ware . Looks like New cals, rotors tires everything.

Uneven brake wear, I have found, is mostly caused by whoever did the previous brake jobs not lubing the retaining pins, bolts, etc. The calipers then do not move much if at all when the brakes are applied thus causing uneven wear on the pads, rotors, etc.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
After changing my front brakes and using some new CRC brand brake lube, it made a big difference in brake feel.

Just a reminder, a sponsor/vendor here has a discount on brakes.
Edit: never mind, it was 20% off for black Friday.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk