Front Tank Sending Unit

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the front and rear sending units the same? My front one just went bad and the one Ford parts site I looked at shows only one part... and doesn't list a part number. Been so long since I looked at mine that I CRS.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The are phsycally differant. But the card in the sender may be the same sweep as the other card in the other tank.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim, if you can't find a sender, here is a link to a place that might be able to rebuild yours. http://www.tristarrradiator.com/index.htmlOLDBULL8 posted this link quite a while back, and I have saved it in case I need it someday. By the way, enjoyed your IDI write up in DieselWorld! It was nice to read up on the Rally, even though I couldn't get there.

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This part number is what you need for the front tank, FG114A.. Cheapest place I've found is rock auto It's for a 460 with Fuel injection, Use a piece of 3/8ths hose in place of where the electric pump would normally go for a pickup and that sending unit has 4 prongs but will still plug up perfectly to the two that you'll need.

You must be registered for see images attach

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 front sending units out of an 85& a 87.dont know if they work.how do I test them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online