Front sway bar advice

mightykp

Reaction score
1995 f350 Dually RWD 4-door
The front sway bar makes contact with the frame on both sides.
What's wrong here and how to correct?

Attachments

• passenger side.jpg
    passenger side.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 18
  • driver side.jpg
    driver side.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 18

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your front coil springs old and blown out? You'd gain some height on a new set if so. Not really gain, I suppose, but get back your original ride height.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it installed upside down?
That is my guess...ask me how I guessed it...

Ok...I'll tell you anyway...I did that on my grandparents station wagon years ago...and it made the front end real bouncy...corrected it later when I realized what I had done...

When the vehicle is on a lift and the suspension is hanging down...it is easy to do...but...when you put it on the ground and not check it out before you drive it...well....

oh, yeah...how to correct...take it off...turn it over and re-attach it...

Last edited:

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@XOLATEM i laugh cause I have done something very similar....

I’m 14, a carry out at Al’s Oasis Grocery, and I carry out (hence the title) this elderly lady’s groceries...

She has a flat tire and I offer to change it. It’s the 1st of the month and honestly I’d rather be outside in the summer heat.

Now I’d never seen a “donut” tire in my life, I was head scratching and dumbfounded. Sure enough I mounted it backwards, dropped the Jack and thought....boy that doesn’t look right. Jacked it back up and turned it around :idiot:

Could the sway bar be the wrong application...?

mightykp

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I don't know if it's upside down, but wouldn't that mean I would have to switch the right and left side? The coil springs are new and the installing of sway bar meant we just followed the routing of the previous bent one. The truck was a non running project. Perhaps the previous owner did it wrong. Maybe the wrong sway bar, too.
I'll post pics of the links.