Front seal wear sleeve fun

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I have a speedy sleeve made by Napa Balkamp and the part number is 600-2496. Its .800 wide and mearures about .013 thick. The inside measures about 2.5005 but its slight;y out of round ferom shipping I guess. I hope this helps....

It's kind of sounding like 2.5 is the nominal measurement . my the way it's shiny all across, i'm wondering if somewhere along the lone someone polished the heck out of the thing to take down a previous ridge. I might be better off grabbing the balancer off my other engine.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
It looks like my nice caliper is finally giving out after all these years. Seems to be slipping internally. The measurement is 2.5"
I've got Napa ordering one of those sleeves for me It's still a good number ( good thing you had that number because the one they have on computer is wrong),should be here Sat.
Thanks Gary.

------Robert

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The Napa 600-2496 sleeve worked like a charm ;Sweet Why nobody, including Napa has that part number current is beyond me. The part number Napa has on their computer in the store right now for the balancer ends up delivering a rear sleeve cookoo

Thanks----------Robert

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, there are a handful of places that claim to be bearing supply houses in the city, and if you call them, they'll tell you over the phone that they have whatever you're asking for, but once you walk in the door, all the places are is a counter with a phone and once you get there they say, "well, we don't have it in stock, but, we can order it for you" and that's when I say:" yes, and I also own a phone and I can order the damn thing too and not have to make two trips to to town, get lied to, spend $40 in fuel and pay a 100% mark up for the privilege " :backoff

Jobbers aren't like the grocery store. Their job is to deal with industrial customers - and source parts and deliver them to the site.

The companies that most of these guys buy from will not sell to you (I used to be a manager at a large bearing distributor and generally only sold to jobbers).

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Jobbers aren't like the grocery store. Their job is to deal with industrial customers - and source parts and deliver them to the site.

The companies that most of these guys buy from will not sell to you (I used to be a manager at a large bearing distributor and generally only sold to jobbers).

They operate a little bit differently around here. There was never enough large industry in the state to warrent the kind of distribution like you have in the larger cities, and most of that has long since gone the way of the buffalo.

These places around here are still stuck in rural small town 1950's catalog store mentality. They'll sell to you all right. They still think that they're the only game in town and that you have to deal with them and them alone and you have to put up with however they want to treat you, and they expect you to come in, pay them , up front , to have them order a part, at a minimum of 100% markup, plus pay the shipping expense on top of that , sight unseen, with no right of refusal..

That's about the only thing I miss about living in Ca. you need parts, swing into any industrial park and swing a dead cat and you're in business , you generally talk to people knowlegable in their product line, and you don't go broke in the process.
Around here it's two laps around the middle of the state and a whole lot of phone calls( and just about every single place you call in this state for a part, will lie and tell you they have it on the shelf, every time to get you in the door, then they all cry in their coffee at the chamber of commerce meetings about how everyone is mean to them and buys everthin' on the internet now cookoo ) and web sites to get things gathered up. Today I just put in over 260 miles running to town and running circles around the state capitol today chasing parts, that netted me a handful of body bolts, a nice JIC replacement line for the pain in the hind end fuel feed line to the injection pump a pump gasket , a pair of heated motorized mirrors and a davco filter wrench... and THAT was what I consider a productive parts run day around here.

You wouldn't believe how many "specialty supply houses " I was in today that netted me a wide variety of creative dumb looks and no parts..including the Ford dealer..as usual.
I'm beat.