Front driveline - pics - take a look

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Interesting, thought that was a bracket for the snow plow mount...since I have one on the other side.

mankypro, you've already got a bracket for a steering stabilizer on there!

That metal bracket hanging down on the passenger side...that's what that is. Somebody had one on there at some point and took it off.

Just get a Monroe steering stabilizer kit. You can get the SA1943 off Amazon for $40 (free shipping), all you'll have to do is bolt it to your existing bracket and attach it to the drag link.

Don't forget to get a boot for it too...they're like $5. You can get that off amazon too.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose it could be, but it looks almost exactly like the stabilizer mount in the Monroe kit that I just installed on my truck, and it's in the same position.

What size is the hole in that bracket?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Oh I thought you were talking about this:
You must be registered for see images attach

bracket, you mean the one on the passenger side. Dunno, would need to measure it.

Looks like the kit that was installed was only for one side then, since it's only on the drag link side.

I suppose it could be, but it looks almost exactly like the stabilizer mount in the Monroe kit that I just installed on my truck, and it's in the same position.

What size is the hole in that bracket?

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the side it's supposed to attach to, unless somebody had some kind of wacky setup on there.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Passenger...

In fact I'm curious as to how that bracket is attached on your driver's side, because the steering box is right there.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
there's a bracket just like that one on the passenger side too, those are definitely for my plow mount.

On the passenger side these is another welded mount visible in this photo:

You must be registered for see images attach

If you look just behind it you'll see a piece of 1/4" steel that is end on - thats the other plow mount.

Passenger...

In fact I'm curious as to how that bracket is attached on your driver's side, because the steering box is right there.