From a gas station in Reno

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
It's about 100 miles from Reno to Auburn where I live, couldn't stomach the tow bill for that. Plus, I imagine they would've overcharged me anyway for driving over Donner summit.

I've been very fortunate to have been able to roadfix most of my things over the years (except the smoked benz motor, and towcat saved my ass on that one!)

I really think the caliper locked up when I came to a stoplight about 5 miles from the jobsite, some idiot tried to run the yellow light then locked em' up, I gave the pedal a good slam and stopped the truck no problem, but when I took off again it felt like something was a little out of whack.

AAA+ is a lil over $100 a year.

For that $100 you get

Tow back to responding AAA facility or any destination of choice up to 100 miles.

Battery Service - Starting your vehicle by applying an electrical boost to the battery. Free Covered Service

Tire Change - Removing a flat tire from your vehicle and replacing it with your spare. Free Covered Service

Out of Fuel Service - Providing a sufficient amount of gasoline to enable your vehicle to reach the closest open service station. Free Covered Service

Locked Out Service - Entry to vehicle Or Locksmith services up to $100 Entry to vehicle or locksmith services; Home lockout also included $100

Stuck Vehicle Service - Remove your vehicle from a ditch or mud, as long as it can be safely reached from a normally traveled road. One service truck and driver dispatched Basic coverage plus a second truck and operator if required for up to 1 hour

It is well worth it in my eyes, even if you never use it, it is piece of mind

I abuse the lockout service, I really need a hide a key:D

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love AAA+ - one tow pays for the entire year. I usually end up in the ditch at least once a year driving Tokyo drift style on the backroads I live on.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love hearing stories about fixing things in a pinch.

My tie rod broke on a speed bump at school. BAcked it into a spot and put it on blocks. Sat there for two nights waiting for the new tie rod haha

gatorman21218

Reaction score
AAA+ is a lil over $100 a year.

For that $100 you get

Tow back to responding AAA facility or any destination of choice up to 100 miles.

Battery Service - Starting your vehicle by applying an electrical boost to the battery. Free Covered Service

Tire Change - Removing a flat tire from your vehicle and replacing it with your spare. Free Covered Service

Out of Fuel Service - Providing a sufficient amount of gasoline to enable your vehicle to reach the closest open service station. Free Covered Service

Locked Out Service - Entry to vehicle Or Locksmith services up to $100 Entry to vehicle or locksmith services; Home lockout also included $100

Stuck Vehicle Service - Remove your vehicle from a ditch or mud, as long as it can be safely reached from a normally traveled road. One service truck and driver dispatched Basic coverage plus a second truck and operator if required for up to 1 hour

It is well worth it in my eyes, even if you never use it, it is piece of mind

I abuse the lockout service, I really need a hide a key:D

Plus a bunch of companies offer discounts. I use it at NAPA all the time and I think hotels offer it and who knows what else.:dunno

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Plus a bunch of companies offer discounts. I use it at NAPA all the time and I think hotels offer it and who knows what else.:dunno

you are right. Even if you never use the towing all the other discounts you get would pay for the membership. I travel alot for work and i get hotel discounts

JPdrvinmylfawy

Reaction score
Once my throttle linkage cable broke on a truck i had. ended up taking a plastic walmart bag and tieing the throttle open to about 1800 rpm and worked the clutch and drove it home . lol what ever works right

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Hey Sparkandfire, if it ever happens again up here just give me a shout and I'll try to lend you a hand. I'm usually floating around somewhere in northern Nevada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online