Friend in the market for '04

B

Big K

Been two years since I ordered my '02. For those of you up to date on the '04, I would welcome any suggestions with respect to desirable options and accessories that I might not be aware of. I have a friend who's in the market for a new truck. He's asked me for Dodge CTD advise, and I can help with most of it, but am not fully up to speed on the new trucks. I don't dare, as I might want one. :D

As I see in another thread here, he may save some coin buying off the lot right now before they go to all ETH. Is that correct?

:thanks:

MUDDY

Reaction score
he should buy now,,,save $, and not be forced into the cat conv and epa crap.he shld get eth. would he get nv5600 or 48re. with all the traffic u guys have id go 4.10s esp w/ auto or even 6spd if bigger tires added.tuff to find 4.10s on the lot tho.3.73 standard. make sure it has tow pckge as some dealers fail to order.[brain farts] same with block htr cord. 10 bucks for that. skip the laramie as u wld be forced to have a dial for 4wd.

do he want srw or duals. i got my previous rig as a 2500 vs 35 srw to save 1,000. only diff was cab lites [didnt care] and the overload leafs[2]. for a heck of a lot less at sprng shop i could get way bttr overloads and an addition to main pack.

i wanted alum rims on my srw. 600 bucks xtra if ordered. i got 4 takeoffs for 70 each locally and sold my chromes for 50 ea.. a rip off. i still have opurtunity to get alum wheels for anyone who needs em

clutchs on 5600,,,hold better than 2g.mine showed no sign of slipping when i removed it to install sbc con-fe. the 48re is better than 47re but still should be upgraded. dtt is in my future

accesaries,,,,,,,,inj's,,,,,,trbos,air intkes,,,,delivery pumps. fp boxes and any day timing pulsewidth boxes. my last 3g put down 438/887 with just dd1s and a bdog box and wldve done better with a pusher/delivery pump. now my bubblebutt HO,,,,,i gots some more funner plans for it

yep,,,,,tell im to get one now,,save bucks and avoid epa hassle if the govt does visual checks

B

Big K

That's what I'm lookin' for Muddy.

He will want 48re, and srw.
He will prolly stick with stock tire size, and does some road runnin', so 3:73 will be good for him.

Told him about the tow pkg, and limited slip for sure.

Is there an option for HD T/C in '04? What else is involved in the Laramie pkg? Is that the top line w/leather, etc?

Cab lights and overloads, if that's the only difference, I'll recommend the 2500. No larger rear axle, etc.?

Good info on the take-offs.:)

He will prolly stay close to stock. Maybe some small mods.:D :D

:thanks:

MUDDY

Reaction score
if he stays with mild mods [no fun] his stock tranny will do. 400 rwhp is pushin it tho. the 11.5 rear axle comes in the HO 2500, the 3500 srw and the duallies. the SO with the 5speed or 47re[not avaalble any more] had the 10.5 axle. so all the cummins powrd rigs have the heavy rear. get the overloads elsewhere cheapr. ya cant just order em on the 2500 as we ordered the camper pckge on our 2g 2500s.twas less than 200 back then. trailer tow pckg is only a hitch and wire harness.

laramie pckge= leather seatrs, ass heatrs. dial for 4wd. dual climate cntrl,,,moving pedals. body colored grill. a few little goodies.

Last edited:

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm probably the only friend you have:rolleyes: and I'm not in the market for an 04. :confused: It must be a work acquaintance.:Knob

Fishin2Deep4U

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm probably the only friend you have and I'm not in the market for an 04. It must be a work acquaintance.

And I'm barely an acquaintance. Hell, I haven't even had any fun with my '02 yet!!

I might have to get ahold of Muddy on those take offs though...

Dave

MUDDY

Reaction score
lemme know if ya need some takeoffs dave. ive purchased and arrnged shpment for em from here to ohio, wi, tx, ca, tx, co, or, and elsewhre. not 2 mention both my srw 02 and srw 03 each had 2 sets of alum wheels and each set had 2 matchin spares

now,,,,,,,,,,,,if i can find someone to get me some takeoff 3g dually wheels ;p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online