Ford Part Numbers

Revelstoke

Reaction score
Hi all. Hey, quick question. The most confounding thing for me many times is to need a part and not have access to the part number. No, I don't need anyone posting part numbers, I simply cannot verify them and find myself, yet again, bugging the dealership for a part number that both they and I know I've no interest in purchasing from them [the dealership]. I really does not seem fair, and it's most inconvenient many times. So...…….does anyone know where I can find a parts reference source. I've searched and searched and it always seems to look good, but no dice.

Thanks.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for the OP but I've often wished I could look at diagrams to find the part numbers. That could be a great help sometimes.

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for the OP but I've often wished I could look at diagrams to find the part numbers. That could be a great help sometimes.

You might be surprised to see just how many part diagrams and part numbers are listed on dealers sites even if they are NLA. It's usually a quick easy place to start at least and if it happens to be available this place is almost always the cheapest in the nation for parts prices and usually just a flat $10 for shipping.

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebe...l-v8-diesel/body--bumper-and-components-front

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This document and a Ford Manual that lists the "base part number" might be helpful as well.

Attachments

• Ford Part Numbers.pdf
    61 KB · Views: 9

Revelstoke

Reaction score
Thank you all for making the time to reply. I've saved all of your advice and resources, and I'm pretty sure I'll be using them. I work on chainsaws [Stihls], and I was able to just by the CD that has every model and every part number all the way back to probably the 80's. I was foolishly hoping Ford did something like that. It seems auto makers hang on to all that info. Don't know why; seems it would be helpful for all involved to make them available. Maybe there's a good reason for it though.

Thanks again.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
. I was foolishly hoping Ford did something like that. It seems auto makers hang on to all that info. Don't know why; seems it would be helpful for all involved to make them available. Maybe there's a good reason for it though.

They sell that copyrighted info... to the companies that write the parts-lookup software used at your auto parts store, auto wrecker, etc.

Maybe 'Hollander Interchange" rings a bell.... ~3" thick catalogs back in the day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker