Ford diesel rock crawlin Woot!

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanderer,

We run a 4.5 in our ranger race truck... Those 4 liters are fun to play with also.

yep...this one I have is abused...a guy ran a supercharger on it to compensate for needing to change axle gears...so it ticks ALL the time..and I beleive is starting to have a headgasket issue...it gets HOT too fast when driving on the road...wheelin..stays fairly normal for a 4.0..(hot...)

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey how bout some pics of that rig? Side top front rear etc!

The GF likes the paint job, n I really like that Exo cage. That is something I definately plan on puttin on the Bronco.

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey how bout some pics of that rig? Side top front rear etc!

The GF likes the paint job, n I really like that Exo cage. That is something I definately plan on puttin on the Bronco.

sure....cage was done by my buddy...(www.bbpfab.com)..did it in 5 days...have no idea how..200ft..12points of contact...before I make it a chop-top all 4 doors worked (gettin the kid in and out)..

lemme see if it'll let me upload these...only found one good one of the top...its still the same as now..just no sheetmetal under it...

and there were bars added to the backdoor after the top came off..kid got big enough to climb through..or OVER the sides...(little evil kinevil I tell ya!!)

Attachments

• chubfest_027.jpg
    chubfest_027.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 2
  • dcp_6000.jpg
    dcp_6000.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 2
  • DCP_6004.jpg
    DCP_6004.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DCP_6002.jpg
    DCP_6002.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DCP_6156.jpg
    DCP_6156.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1
  • dcp_6182.jpg
    dcp_6182.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 3
  • DCP_6006.jpg
    DCP_6006.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DCP_6183.jpg
    DCP_6183.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
yep...this one I have is abused...a guy ran a supercharger on it to compensate for needing to change axle gears...so it ticks ALL the time..and I beleive is starting to have a headgasket issue...it gets HOT too fast when driving on the road...wheelin..stays fairly normal for a 4.0..(hot...)

Have you thought about an aluminum radiator for it.... In the ranger we run an aluminum radiator on the back side of the cab with two electric fans pulling the air through.... with both of them running and without a thermostat... we can't hardly get over 170°... most of the time we run with only 1 fan on unless it's around summertime and really hot out.. then we run the other and still stay below 200°... and then only in silt areas where we can't run hard and air flow is at a minumum and outside air temps are over 110°..

A picture of the 4.5

Attachments

• 18899MOTOR.jpg
    18899MOTOR.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 5

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the motors taken so much abuse its starting to fail...I do have another rad I could put in it...I run stock puller and electric pusher..its only when im in 2/4high...4 low usually stays cool...

wonder if the fanclutch is bad...

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about an aluminum radiator for it.... In the ranger we run an aluminum radiator on the back side of the cab with two electric fans pulling the air through.... with both of them running and without a thermostat... we can't hardly get over 170°... most of the time we run with only 1 fan on unless it's around summertime and really hot out.. then we run the other and still stay below 200°... and then only in silt areas where we can't run hard and air flow is at a minumum and outside air temps are over 110°..

A picture of the 4.5

well yesterday I swapped the radiatior out...(had a newer one that was clean)...the old one was PACKED with mud...I'd rinsed it out after every run...but there were spots that I couldnt get...so I figure I was using about 1/2the available cooling..took it out and really ROMPED on it...stayed cool...:thumbsup:

the old one weighs about 80LBS more than the clean one...its currently floating in the old babypool to soak so I can spray it out...;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online