fixed small; projects, now a big one

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Never fails,
just been doiun some minor stuff to the truck , like wheel cylinders, that was afiasco, for some reason they were special.
then had ebrake issues due to the sping on the equilizer being missing, fixed that, ebrake has never been better. 2 outer tie rods, alighnment, front brake hose, leaky pinion seal, oil change, finally put the ford bracket in for the dash rattle. fixed pass side doo handle, got wipers working corectly,
found ps leak.
and found the antifreeze smell,
DANG HEAD GASKET IS BAD.:mad: :mad: -cuss -cuss
must be payback for all the attention the PSD is supposed to be getting.

Last time I was paying more attention to a PSD the dang motor blew up.

O well off to tear it apart.

Got part apart, found out only to be a leaky hose at the t stat housing.
of course I found this after removing the front bumper, grille, etc, draining the antifreeze, and evacuating the ac.
some new hoses, new belts , and bac together it goes.

Last edited:

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks!

Sounds like what I'm doing now... I got a list half a page long, doing one thing at a time.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see :shoot:murphy came up for a visit.

Glad it wasn't as bad as you thought and don't feel too bad.

Been chasing a cruise control problem in the SD today after it quit working when I was messing with the power windows:***: -cuss ......4 hours later and a trip to the dealer to talk with a mochanic and I found the problem...park brake pedal was in about 1/8" (musta leaned on it while checking the fuses):idiot:,and the indicator bulb in the dash evidently burnt out:mad: this week so it didn't warn me. Wondered what the hell that beeping noise was for everytime I moved the truck...couldn't tell if it was for the seat belts, doors or what:confused:

Time to replace every bulb in the dash with LEDs so I won't have to mess with that again fer a while.;Sweet

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Well thats good news it wasn't the head gaskets;Sweet Just think now you can paint everything up while you got it apart. Oh nevermind I'm sure you'll have it back together by the time you read this. BTW I pulled the tranny temp sender out and heated it up. No change, so better not throw the box away. Oh and we'll have to make plans to work under the hood of mine... I ordered it last night ;Sweet ;burnout :peelout

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
hey i got a IDI van motor that ran when pulled i could sell you for $1000:rotflmao even got the video to prove it:D

sorry to hear about your problems, if you were closer i would offer to help. hey at least you didnt have to throw alot of hard earned cash at it.....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh well Nick, at least your not up for another round with the insurance company. :rolleyes: I think I'd rather change head gaskets. At least I know how that will turn out. LOL

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
hey i got a IDI van motor that ran when pulled i could sell you for $1000:rotflmao even got the video to prove it:D

sorry to hear about your problems, if you were closer i would offer to help. hey at least you didnt have to throw alot of hard earned cash at it.....

hell its a van motor in there now, already converted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger