fixed electrical issues now no start please help?

slideordie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the links! ive looked at those before i just got a little confused because my truck has the older 6.9 relay and harness and how to go about just putting the switch in it instead of the 7.3 relay?

on another note i was going to try and turn the fuel up a tiny bit it doesnt smoke one bit even up to 3500 so i was going to ask how to go about doing this and also where is the best place to mount the sensor for a pyro?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
thanks for the links! ive looked at those before i just got a little confused because my truck has the older 6.9 relay and harness and how to go about just putting the switch in it instead of the 7.3 relay?

on another note i was going to try and turn the fuel up a tiny bit it doesnt smoke one bit even up to 3500 so i was going to ask how to go about doing this and also where is the best place to mount the sensor for a pyro?

I wouldnt turn up the fuel unless I had a pyrometer. Even a little turn up might put you over the top egt-wise if you have a stock intake/exhaust.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if someone could tell me how to do a switch that would be awesome! the plugs were just replaced not too long ago

There should be a purple wire on your glow plug controller solenoid, located on the passenger side fender. Remove the purple wire, and connect a wire of your own to this terminal on the solenoid. Apply 12 volts to this, and your glow plugs will glow.

slideordie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you that helped alot guys! im so impressed with how much pep these engines actually have

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online